Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync Approval!

tag
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Zync Approval!

I've been itching to join the amex family for the last 6 months, I applied in feb and was instantly denied.

Against better judgement I decided I wasnt going to app for anything until late this year.  I decided to do one more app before then, and I received the msg to call in today when I applied.  After ID verification, she said I was approved and will receive the card in about 7-10 days.

Exciting!! Now I have to let the garden grow again.. haha.

My scores are current as far as I know in my sig.

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Zync Approval!

Smiley Very Happy Congrats! ..I'm right along with on the whole "back to the garden" thing.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 2 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@xlr8d wrote:

I've been itching to join the amex family for the last 6 months, I applied in feb and was instantly denied.

Against better judgement I decided I wasnt going to app for anything until late this year.  I decided to do one more app before then, and I received the msg to call in today when I applied.  After ID verification, she said I was approved and will receive the card in about 7-10 days.

I want this card bad!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 12
minerva
Established Member

Congrats!

it's such a good card to have, well any amex card for that matter ( imo)

Just earlier today i was out shopping for my wife's b'day and went into L'Occitane to get her some lotion and shower gel she found when we were in Singapore. Well the place is kind of snooty and the clerk was a bit, well stuck up.. until i handed her my zync card, then her entire attitude changed! I eneded up getting 30 dollars worth of free stuff lol. 

In hindsight, the idea that a piece of plastic has the ability to make people treat you differently is kind of sad, but cool at the same time!

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 776
Goal Score: 800

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice ..congrats! Ima wait till January to apply...I had an itch for applying when I started on these forums but now I learn to chill on the apps and just wait, time passes by so fast!
Message 5 of 12
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@xlr8d wrote:

Congrats!  I want this one also and can't wait to app.  I'll probably wait til Nov. or Dec.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Message 6 of 12
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Congrats... I hope to have this card soon. My EQ is actually a bit higher than yours, but I need to address some business on my EX as that's what they pulled. I will try again in a few months and hopefully this card will be mine. I called for the recon and the rep said it sounded like I wanted the card and wouldn't stop until I got it, so he knew I would eventually!
Message 7 of 12
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Anyone think any of the packs are worth it? for 2x points?

Message 8 of 12
vish1
Valued Contributor

@xlr8d wrote:

Anyone think any of the packs are worth it? for 2x points?

Use your last year statements to see if you spent atleast 3000$ on that category. If you did and your current card has nothing better than 1% on that category, go for it.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 9 of 12
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know I restaurants include all of them or just certain ones?? What about fast food?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.