cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync NPSL - Check Spending ability (question)

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Zync NPSL - Check Spending ability (question)

I currently have 1k on my Zync NPSL and I finally decided to click on the check spending ability and entered in $2000 (see below picture).  I was approved.  So with my current balance of $1000 does this mean I have an internal CL of at least $3000?

Zync NPSL.JPG

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Zync NPSL - Check Spending ability (question)

AFAIK, you can spend up to 3K with that.

Since it's designed for individual large purchases, it makes sense to factor in current balance. I would be stunned if they did otherwise.

        
Message 2 of 7
KBraggs
Valued Member

Not necessarily. If you had tried to type in $3000, $4000, $8000, your request may still have been approved. You won't know unless you check using the tool again, or try to hit your internal limit (if applicable) by manually using your card.

Some say not to abuse the spending ability tool with AMEX as it may raise suspicion. Some say that they wouldn't put it there if it werent meant to be used, and its better to ask than to just hope and end up having your card declined at a point of sale. Its up to you how you proceed.

EDIT: I just realized the OP said AT LEAST $3,000...so in that case, I would agree with you. But that may not be the actual limit.

Message 3 of 7
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Hm I tried it several time and the maximum approval amount stays the same even so I have charged 1+k already. So I would guess it is the total amount of all your charges?

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 4 of 7
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Duncanrr, or someone that knows, can you explain to me how to post a screen shot? I was gonna post my account screen shot and explain something but realized that i dont know how to do the screen shot? lol

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I use print screen button on keyboard then paste it in MS Paint application. Crop it up n save as jpg. When you type up message ere there is button on top bar to insert image. Click on that and select browse. Go to where you saved image and select it.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

Duncanrr, or someone that knows, can you explain to me how to post a screen shot? I was gonna post my account screen shot and explain something but realized that i dont know how to do the screen shot? lol

Dont feel bad, I didn't find out how to quote for like 2 months Smiley Tongue 

Print Screen is your friend Smiley Tongue 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.