cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync now earns mr points instead of mre?

tag
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Zync now earns mr points instead of mre?

Got an email from amex today about a change to the zync rewards program. The email was titled an important update about your rewards program.

I've copied and pasted it below with personal info omitted. When I click on the link it takes me to a mr rewards page. No mention of mre points at all in the link. Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but at first glance it looks like zync now accrues full mr points.

Anyone else get something like this?

Dear Optimas,

We are writing to let you know that the most recent version of our Terms and Conditions is available online. 

You can also learn more about the Membership Rewards program, including how to get and use points, at membershiprewards.com/abouttheprogram.

Thank you for your Cardmembership!
EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Zync now earns mr points instead of mre?

@OptimasPrime wrote:

Got an email from amex today about a change to the zync rewards program. The email was titled an important update about your rewards program.

I've copied and pasted it below with personal info omitted. When I click on the link it takes me to a mr rewards page. No mention of mre points at all in the link. Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but at first glance it looks like zync now accrues full mr points.

Dear Optimas,

We are writing to let you know that the most recent version of our Terms and Conditions is available online. 

You can also learn more about the Membership Rewards program, including how to get and use points, at membershiprewards.com/abouttheprogram.

The MR points are better for redeeming travel right?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 12
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@OptimasPrime wrote:

Dear Optimas,

The MR points are better for redeeming travel right?

Its definitely not my area of expertise, but I'm fairly sure mr points have a significantly higher redemption value for travel than mre.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 12
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

I don't have the Zync, but I do have the Green, and I got this same email.

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 4 of 12
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

I don't have the Zync, but I do have the Green, and I got this same email.

Me too....

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 5 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Same email also. I like to convert my Green to PRG Smiley Surprised

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 6 of 12
nickn86
Contributor

Got the same email for the PRG card.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 7 of 12
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

@OptimasPrime wrote:

Dear Optimas,

Sorry, but no, Zync points are still MRE points.  I got this e-mail as well.  If you read the updated Terms & Conditions:

"Some Cardmembers have the option to transfer points into a participating frequent customer program account. The Cards listed below are not eligible to transfer points. All other American Express Cards are eligible.

The following Cards are not eligible to transfer points:

ZYNC® Card"

Message 8 of 12
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

I guess I missed that part of the disclosure. Oh well, mr points would've been nice.
EQ 778 | TU 776
Message 9 of 12
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I got the email for the Plat as well.

Any key changes?

I didn't bother to read it :/

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.