Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync with Spending Limit is a lost cause

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Unicorn with Spending Limit workaround?

@Denny33142 wrote:

I have actually seen many $200 unicorn holders get approved for other cards, i think the problem may be directly related to the $500 version.

Calling amex also doesn't help as they have no clue of this issue, The only difference i see between both cards is that the $500 unicorn has autopay, I don't know how that would cause any issue.

I wonder what would happen if a 500 dollar limit person canceled the autopay.  Would the limit drop to 200?  Would they then be eligible to app for new products?

Message 11 of 25
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Re: Unicorn with Spending Limit workaround?

I was told by amex that the autopay is a condition of the card and if removed the card would be cancelled.

Message 12 of 25
p-
Valued Contributor

@Denny33142 wrote:

I was told by amex that the autopay is a condition of the card and if removed the card would be cancelled.

Ouch.

So it's stuck at 500 with autopay forever?  Wow.  I wonder if that policy will change over time...

Message 13 of 25
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Denny33142 wrote:

i set up the auto pay when i got the card. but it asked me to re enroll online when i got the card in the mail

i never did. 

it has never auto taken anything out of my account. 

my card wasnt cancelled. 

is there a certain day they transfer money out? 

like it said please pay by the 15th etc. but i usually pay like on the 29th so it doesnt report. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 14 of 25
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

The autopay seems to kick in on the due date, If you always pay before the due date then that is probably the reason you have never had an autopay.

Message 15 of 25
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Zync with Spending Limit is a lost cause

If the thing about Amex changing the policy with zync hard limits not allowing you to be approved for other cards is true I think I'm gonna apply again. After all it is a soft pull. If I get the same song and dance BS about not being able to apply for other Amex because of the zync ill cancel the card.. It was nice to get my foot in the door but not at the expense of never being able to get any other AMEX
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 16 of 25
colindidit
Established Contributor

Depressing but had to do it...I liked the card but it was holding me back...the rep understood where i was coming from and advised me to re apply for other cards in a few months...im gonna wait til the summer at least.

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 17 of 25
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Unicorn with Spending Limit is a lost cause

@colindidit wrote:

Depressing but had to do it...

And with that, the unicorn population is permanently reduced by one...

Message 18 of 25
colindidit
Established Contributor

Are you being facetious? I really liked the card. I just don't subscribe to one card locking you out from advancing.
Message 19 of 25
p-
Valued Contributor

I'd probably do the same thing.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.