cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a certain Amex card, whats the name of it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

a certain Amex card, whats the name of it?

I was only curious about something. Isnt there a rumored Black Amex card that only the wealthy and rich can get? its supposed to have an unlimited credit line and its almost impossible to get.
has anyone esle heard of this card? i remember hearing about it on the E! channel and stuff about what movie stars use, but is it actually real and if so, how hard is it to get? I dont make 7 digits a year as no one here does, i was only wondering about this, if it was real or not.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: a certain Amex card, whats the name of it?

It's called the Centurion Card and it's definitely real...

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

bcnu176 wrote:
I was only curious about something. Isnt there a rumored Black Amex card that only the wealthy and rich can get? its supposed to have an unlimited credit line and its almost impossible to get.
has anyone esle heard of this card? i remember hearing about it on the E! channel and stuff about what movie stars use, but is it actually real and if so, how hard is it to get? I dont make 7 digits a year as no one here does, i was only wondering about this, if it was real or not.

It's called the Centurion Card, also known as the Titanium Card or the Black Card.

It is a charge card, and has no preset spending limit, like all Amex charge cards.  It has an AF of $2500.

You cannot apply for the card directly.  It is issued by invitation only.

BTW, I'm sure there are some here who make seven figures.  $1,000,000 is not as much as it used to be.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah thats true, sorry  i said that. some people might make 1 mil  a year, (not me)  Smiley Sad
i apolgize for saying that.

hmm so thats what its called. centurion.  cool. i didnt know if it was real or not. but how do they invite you for it?
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

bcnu176 wrote:
yeah thats true, sorry  i said that. some people might make 1 mil  a year, (not me)  Smiley Sad

hmm so thats what its called. centurion.  cool. i didnt know if it was real or not. but how do they invite you for it?

Please, no apologies for that!  Trust me, I'm not one of them either. Smiley Wink

Rumor used to be that to qualify to receive the invitation to the Centurion card, you first needed to have an Amex Platinum charge card and spend $250K per year on it for ten years straight.  I believe those were old guidelines, however, because there have been reports of people getting the Centurion after spending only $150K or so for a couple of years in a row.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you pass through $250k/yr on your personal Amex Charge Card they will invite you.  I know some people who passed through $25k/month for 3 months in a row and were offered.  It was because the trend of spending the yearly amount was present.
Message 6 of 24
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah thats true, sorry i said that. some people might make 1 mil a year, (not me) Smiley Sad

hmm so thats what its called. centurion. cool. i didnt know if it was real or not. but how do they invite you for it?

Please, no apologies for that! Trust me, I'm not one of them either. Smiley Wink

Rumor used to be that to qualify to receive the invitation to the Centurion card, you first needed to have an Amex Platinum charge card and spend $250K per year on it for ten years straight. I believe those were old guidelines, however, because there have been reports of people getting the Centurion after spending only $150K or so for a couple of years in a row.

Isn't a mil like making $50,000 in NYC Smiley Happy
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 24
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I'm under the impression that celebrities can probably ask to be invited.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just read the link to wikipedia about the black card(thanks lurknomore).
its interesting about that. its actually made out of real titanium.
but whoa, AF of 2500.  hehe  thats alot, but if your rich it doesnt matter  lol.
and i think your right, celebs and high profile people can actually request it i think.
(but why would celebs need a credit card? they can pay cash outright for a lamborghini)  lol
anyway, thanks to everyone replys here.
before, i only thought this card was a rumor, but after reading here and seeing it in wiki, now i know its true...too bad i wont ever be able to attain it(or other amex cards for that matter...bk in 03  Smiley Sad Smiley Sad   oh well)
Message 9 of 24
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

bcnu176 wrote:
(but why would celebs need a credit card? they can pay cash outright for a lamborghini) 

The same reason they want the lamborghini to begin with: status

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.