cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about 0% on purchases for 12 mos and 0% on balance transfers for 21 mos?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ? about 0% on purchases for 12 mos and 0% on balance transfers for 21 mos?

Ugh...I share your sentiment. That is one thing I don't like about Citi. I can't make a payment yet either and I just want to PIF already.

Message 11 of 13
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: ? about 0% on purchases for 12 mos and 0% on balance transfers for 21 mos?

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did some research on the new credit laws. Wolf is correct.

The Credit CARD Act requires above-the-minimum payments to be applied first to the credit card balance with the highest interest rate

So the law did change with respect to this....this is obviously protects the consumer. This was a good change.  As indicated in my post, that was the old way they did things.  I had a feeling the new laws may have had something to say about this practice. I am glad to see this.  

The only question that remains in my head is, where does the payment get applied if you are only paying the minimum? I would still check the terms of the card agreement.

They decide where to apply the minimum payment.

For advanced users, there is a special provision for deferred interest.   It applys all extra payments to defferred interest balance for last 2 months before deferred interest deal expires.   This allows you to pay off the deffered interest balance even though it is usually 0% at the time and you may have some other normal higer interest charges.   Otherwise you would get charged for all the interest from time of purchase.      

Message 12 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita
Moved:

Looking for lower rate or intro APR on 17% card

Hi, fin223, your post has been split off to start its own thread, using the subject title that you created: Looking for lower rate or intro APR on 17% card

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.