Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? abt Disc APR offer

tag
Onthe27thday
Regular Contributor

? abt Disc APR offer

Discover offered me 12 months of 0% apr or 16.74 indefinitely. Right now, my apr is 18.24.

What would be the smarter option for this card? Should I take the 0 for 12 months in hopes that I can negoiate a good rate after or take the 16.74?

Thank you for your advice?

Starting Score (Oct '13): 473 (EX), Current Score: MyFICO EX: 713 EQ: 715 TU: 717, Goal Score: 740 & above. Capital One Quicksilver: $2250, Discover IT: $9500, Chase Amazon Store Card: $2600, Care Credit: $15000, Barclays Rewards: $1850 BCE: 20,000, PenFed Visa Sig: 7,000 NFCU cashRewards $24,600
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ? abt Disc APR offer

I would personally take the 0% for the year. That would be a huge help if you're trying to pay something down!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on what your end goals are. When my 0% intro offer ended i actually called to see what i could do with the account. They offered me a APR reducion and i didnt need it at the time since i never carry a balance but took it anyway.

Now i would love to somehow be offered the 0% purchases for a year offer but i feel im not recieving it because i took the APR reduction. I guess time will tell if i will ever get it. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

All depends on if you plan on buying alot this year and if the 0 would help. If not, the apr reduct isnt too bad, lol anything below 17 is great for me haha ( ill get there one day with lower apr cards, i will i will) . Best of luck in decision.Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

The difference in the APR reduction is $1.25 per month, per thousand. I would take the promo offer myself.

Message 5 of 6
Onthe27thday
Regular Contributor

Thanks all! I decided to take the promo.... wish me luck lol

Starting Score (Oct '13): 473 (EX), Current Score: MyFICO EX: 713 EQ: 715 TU: 717, Goal Score: 740 & above. Capital One Quicksilver: $2250, Discover IT: $9500, Chase Amazon Store Card: $2600, Care Credit: $15000, Barclays Rewards: $1850 BCE: 20,000, PenFed Visa Sig: 7,000 NFCU cashRewards $24,600
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.