tag
mojobones89
Contributor

Re: addicted to applying for cc's?

@Creditaddict wrote:

@mojobones89 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

I think there is a time just to leave the site for a while, temptations are too great, and you have a good set of cards.  I am spending too much time here as well, time to take a 6 month break!  (And going somewhere else, like flyertalk or credit*ds doesn't count...)

Now see I look at bs6054 signature and it makes me want to call and CLI and apply for new accounts like crazy until I have those CL's!!! haha

I know much of that comes from not applying for a ton of stuff you don't need and making good use of what you have and building that long relationship!

But yes OP, I get side tracked from what I'm doing to look at credit cards and such but as long as it has a purpose I think it's okay... Right? Smiley Happy

PS. Please close First Premier, and Credit One since you have Amex!

my CL's on my cards are ok(10k and up is my average and 25k being my highest)

first premier and credit one,are both OOOOOLD cards,both cards my wife applied for when i was deployed...why?idk i guess i kept getting a lot of offers in the mail and thought they were good cc companies?eh she didnt know,so now im stuck with these 2 cards that have have a good age on them.

Why keep because they are old... they are costing what $20 a month just for those 2... that is not a help! Pay the AF on a Amex Platinum that you can't make worth while before you carry 2 cards with banks like FP and CO for same cost!! Smiley Tongue

wierd thing is,i dont get charged monthlys or yearly fees?

i havent used those cards since....pfffft forever ago.....

SO let me get this straight...

is that a yes on the PLAT?

lol?

Message 11 of 46
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

Somedays I see a card someone got approved and think, I want!

Luckily I stop myself. Finally getting approved for things is like a drug. I want more. 

Message 12 of 46
Open123
Super Contributor

Just too hard for me to resist all these free offers issuers are throwing around so generously. 

When I see such fierce competition, I know in the back of my mind it isn't going to last and mind as well take it while it's available.  A time soon enough will come when these generous offers will no longer exist.

Also, I just like credit cards, I suppose.  Even now, I look forward to their arriving, opening up the envelope seeing it the first time and exploring the new online set up acitivating it for my first charge. 

It's weird, since I don't know anyone around me who would understand.  If they knew, they'd probably be a little "troubled."  LOL

Message 13 of 46
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Just too hard for me to resist all these free offers issuers are throwing around so generously. 

When I see such fierce competition, I know in the back of my mind it isn't going to last and mind as well take it while it's available.  A time soon enough will come when these generous offers will no longer exist.

Also, I just like credit cards, I suppose.  Even now, I look forward to their arriving, opening up the envelope seeing it the first time and exploring the new online set up acitivating it for my first charge. 

It's weird, since I don't know anyone around me who would understand.  If they knew, they'd probably be a little "troubled."  LOL

I understand....I think I am "troubled" haha

*8/10/13
Message 14 of 46
nicefa
Established Member

I have to say, I think I am also addicted. For a long time I only had  a few cards but then when my scores recently went up and not even that high I wanted to see if I could qualify for a new card. So... on saturday I tried the shopping card trick (which I learned by reading this forum- Thanks Myfico!) I applied for Victoria Secret($750) and Express (no limit stated) and was instantly approved. I loved the feeling, so I tried some more Walmart($1000) and Lowe's ($650) ) instant approvals! So on sunday... Chase ($1800) and Targets($500). So I told myself to stop. Then monday morning I saw someone ask about the paypal MC and I thought (hey, i have a paypal acct) so Iogged in and applied! I got the number to call so I figure finally... a rejection but no, it was to confirm ID. I was approved for $2000. So I got to work and called my credit union and asked for a credit limit increase (I had a $500 visa) they approved for $2000... I know these limits are low to some but they are high to me. Long story short, I know I have a problem but...I am just so happy to be approved lol

myFICO as of 03/15/13: Transunion (610) & 04/17/13: Equifax (645) FICO from FCCU (credit union) as of 04/15/13: Experian 662
Message 15 of 46
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@nicefa wrote:

I have to say, I think I am also addicted. For a long time I only had  a few cards but then when my scores recently went up and not even that high I wanted to see if I could qualify for a new card. So... on saturday I tried the shopping card trick (which I learned by reading this forum- Thanks Myfico!) I applied for Victoria Secret($750) and Express (no limit stated) and was instantly approved. I loved the feeling, so I tried some more Walmart($1000) and Lowe's ($650) ) instant approvals! So on sunday... Chase ($1800) and Targets($500). So I told myself to stop. Then monday morning I saw someone ask about the paypal MC and I thought (hey, i have a paypal acct) so Iogged in and applied! I got the number to call so I figure finally... a rejection but no, it was to confirm ID. I was approved for $2000. So I got to work and called my credit union and asked for a credit limit increase (I had a $500 visa) they approved for $2000... I know these limits are low to some but they are high to me. Long story short, I know I have a problem but...I am just so happy to be approved lol

STOP!!!! STOP NOW!!! 

Congrats on your approvals but you are KILLING your score!!! Smiley Happy

*8/10/13
Message 16 of 46
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@nicefa wrote:

SWEET, Especially if this 610 below is current TU!

Message 17 of 46
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I see you don't yet have the US Bank CASH+.... Mwahahaha

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 18 of 46
mojobones89
Contributor

@WolfMan wrote:

Somedays I see a card someone got approved and think, I want!

Luckily I stop myself. Finally getting approved for things is like a drug. I want more. 

agreed.

Message 19 of 46
mojobones89
Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

no,i totally understand lol,the moment u know u get approved and look at your mailbox everyday to see if ur card has arrived LOL

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.