Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all credit cards in 1 account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

all credit cards in 1 account?

if you have many credit card at 1 financial institution, say Citi. Do you put all the credit card in 1 account? or do you have each account for each credit card? Why?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: all credit cards in 1 account?

Each card is treated as it own individual account. Why? Because that's how it is. You can combine some accounts into one account to make a bigger CL card but that would close the other cards, otherwise all cards are treated as their own individual accounts.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean all your credit cards in one account?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

One online account where possible. Currently, I have two Chase since I had to do a new online account for my Ink (business). Evidently I can have my personal ones added to the business login, and I was going to. But I decided to leave them separate for a bit and see what I prefer. 

It's not a huge deal to have two logins having something like 1password on the computer, as long as you set it up well to know what's what. But more often than not it's a pain to have two. I/we have two at a lot of institutions because some I'm primary on, some he's primary on, or they're totally separate.

The bigger pain is on the iphone. I know 1password has made improvements to use it's info on the iphone easier, but I haven't taken the time to check it out. So for Discover, Amex, Barclay...I have my accounts on the app and if I want to check his accounts I use the browser in 1password. 

Given a choice, I'd (almost) always have one login where possible. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditguy and 2011XTERROR I take OP to mean one online account. 

ETA: 2011XTERROR and the OP are anniversary buddies. 4-27. 

Message 5 of 11
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

creditguy and 2011XTERROR I take OP to mean one online account. 

ETA: 2011XTERROR and the OP are anniversary buddies. 4-27. 

Your probably right, I suppose the wording of the question could have been clearer, but regardless I think we've answered from every direction. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have three Bank of America cards, two Chase cards, two PenFed cards, etc. I use one login to access my accounts at each financial institution. I use the KISS principle so I have fewer passwords, etc, to remember. 

OP, are you thinking of keeping yours separate?

Message 7 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I also like the KISS solution. Easier to check accounts, never late.
Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,  I meant 1 online account for all.

The reason I asked was, I am having 3 separate online accounts at CITI for couple years, and I feel kind of annoying that every months, I have to log in 3 times there. That is just for  citi.

I'm not sure if there is any negative if I combine all 3 into 1 online account. I was thinking, if I combine them all into 1 online account, everytime I need to call in, the customer representive may see all 3 credits right away in 1 place, and he may think I have too much credit line, and possible reduce the credit line or trigger financial review, etc...

anyone input on this?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. The customer service reps don't care lol. If citi approved you and you're not begging for credit you should be fine. Don't worry so much..
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.