Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

american express purchase protection

tag
Achase
Regular Contributor

american express purchase protection

ok so my dog chewed up a pair of shoes that i recently purched 2 weeks ago $200 plus tax.

so i called amex and filed a claim with them i told them that my dog chewed up my shoes.

they asked me a few simple questions bout where i purchased the shoes, how much they cost and the date of purchase.

they took my claim and the next day i received a email stating that they issued a credit to my account for $215.16. and thankin me for making my purchases using my american express Smiley Happy

gotta love the benefits with them and the prompt handling of such request.

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

Re: american express purchase protection

Wow, $200 shoes?!

Just kidding, this is a great success story. Do any other cards offer this level of protection? I know many extend the warranties, but a warranty isn't going to cover chewed shoes...

----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's an awesome story....  I guess I'll be buying everything with my AMEX since my 2 boxers have eaten about everything in the house twice (including 2 blackberries and several pair of shoes)...

Message 3 of 16
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

That's amazing! Too bad I closed my AMEX card two years ago for reducing my limit from $2,000 to $500.

Message 4 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

How can they afford to be that generous and nonchalant about situtations like this?  I guess that's why they're rated to have the best customer service. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they ask for the shoes back? I can see many people pulling a fast one with this deal.

Message 6 of 16
Achase
Regular Contributor

No they did not ask for the shoes back. But I have them sitting here if they would like them because I sure can't wear them anywhere.

@Anonymous wrote:

Did they ask for the shoes back? I can see many people pulling a fast one with this deal.

Message 7 of 16
Achase
Regular Contributor

I wouldn't look at it as them being generous because if u think about it we actually pay for that insurance through annual fees and the high merchant fees that Amex charges. Plus they have a customer for life and they know all it takes is to approve one claim for a customer and that will be their primary card for ever.

@DI wrote:

How can they afford to be that generous and nonchalant about situtations like this?  I guess that's why they're rated to have the best customer service. 

Message 8 of 16
Zar
Regular Contributor

Achase,

Did you use an AmEx charge card  or an AmEx credit card?

Zar Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
Achase
Regular Contributor

Charge card

@Zar wrote:

Achase,

Did you use an AmEx charge card  or an AmEx credit card?

Zar Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.