Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

american express

tag
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Re: American express

Getting approved for any AMEX, even zync, is not easy. Your scores and credit history have to be pretty solid or amex won't even give you the time of day. 680+ scores are pretty much the minimum (exceptions exist) to qualify for an amex.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 11 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

Getting approved for any AMEX, even zync, is not easy. Your scores and credit history have to be pretty solid or amex won't even give you the time of day. 680+ scores are pretty much the minimum (exceptions exist) to qualify for an amex.

I'd say thats YMMV. Especially for Zync because iffy files usually get counteroffered the autopay $500CL or $200 hard limit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everyone, so HR called and said that amex realized the problem, theyll review the application and get decision in 7 days, **bleep**?!!!! come on, this is multi millions revenue company, why would they do that? im not embarrassed that i have the zync  but bc company has to go through hoops to get me a corporate card, vp of sales has to intervene and such, big hassle. i like to be under the radar, ya know!

Message 13 of 19
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Of course, and I was referring to be approved for any revolver or any charge card with NPSL. Amex strongly takes income and assets into account as well. I know many people want to get in with amex when rebuilding and rush to apply for zync as soon as possible, but it might be best to garden an additional six months, get those scores up, and receive a npsl zync instead of getting one with autopay.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 14 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

Of course, and I was referring to be approved for any revolver or any charge card with NPSL. Amex strongly takes income and assets into account as well. I know many people want to get in with amex when rebuilding and rush to apply for zync as soon as possible, but it might be best to garden an additional six months, get those scores up, and receive a npsl zync instead of getting one with autopay.

+1

Agree!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks everyone, so HR called and said that amex realized the problem, theyll review the application and get decision in 7 days, **bleep**?!!!! come on, this is multi millions revenue company, why would they do that? im not embarrassed that i have the zync  but bc company has to go through hoops to get me a corporate card, vp of sales has to intervene and such, big hassle. i like to be under the radar, ya know!

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

just to update everyone,  my plum finally came in, HR sorted everything out, now the HR manager asked me if the Zync is worth it since the annual fee is cheaper, lol

Message 17 of 19
jdogi
Contributor

Just tell them that you chose it partly because of the low AF, but mostly because you think it's the sexiest looking AMEX charge card there is.  Tell them that you may upgrade to a green or gold once you've banked 200k reward points because they will migrate to the better reward tier.  They will say "wow...this person is a real thinker, and with a great sense of style"

Case closed Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 19
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@jdogi wrote:

Just tell them that you chose it partly because of the low AF, but mostly because you think it's the sexiest looking AMEX charge card there is.  Tell them that you may upgrade to a green or gold once you've banked 200k reward points because they will migrate to the better reward tier.  They will say "wow...this person is a real thinker, and with a great sense of style"

Case closed Smiley Happy

+1 Smiley Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.