Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex SPG "in progress"

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: amex SPG "in progress"

Congrats on the SPG indeed!

I believe there was another user here semi-recently (last few weeks) that was approved for a SPG with a credit file / score which I was thinking "snowball's chance in..." on.  The underwriting criteria may have changed on at least some of the Amex revolvers with their now issuing comparitively low CL's (both on the SPG and on some recent BCE/BCP) to non-gold-plated applicants vis a vis the change to Chase's Freedom product.

Hard to say with Amex and their internal model, but regardless, serious congrats on what previously would've been considered (and sorta still is in my case haha) a forumite shock-inducing approval. Smiley Happy.

        
Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Shock inducing..."  Shoot....I wanted to take off my clothes and roll around on the floor.

Message 22 of 38
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Paperwork only has credit score and other "Hooked on Phonics" type of stuff to help you better understand how they issued credit.  No APR disclosed, tried calling just now and the automated system wants to pretend like it's 7am and I have all day to wait on a rep.  I'll update when it arrives.

APR should be on the same page of your aggreement that has your CL and Cash Advance limits on it. Should be about 15.24% and an explanation of how much over prime your interest rate is. Took me quite a bit to find this particular doc as well as there were many pages of disclaimers, etc.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 23 of 38
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Paperwork only has credit score and other "Hooked on Phonics" type of stuff to help you better understand how they issued credit.  No APR disclosed, tried calling just now and the automated system wants to pretend like it's 7am and I have all day to wait on a rep.  I'll update when it arrives.

APR should be on the same page of your aggreement that has your CL and Cash Advance limits on it. Should be about 15.24% and an explanation of how much over prime your interest rate is. Took me quite a bit to find this particular doc as well as there were many pages of disclaimers, etc.

The APR can be either 15.24%, 17.24% or 19.24%, dependent upon credit worthiness....

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 24 of 38
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on getting the SPG card..That card is next on my list, I only stay at Starwood hotels when traveling so this card will definitely get used over and over...I'm just waiting for the right time to pull the trigger, my util is reporting at 15% right now, just waiting for next FICO update to show it down to 6%..

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 25 of 38
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

OMG I just learned about something called SPG Moments. 10k points gets you two tickets to Cirque de Solei show and backstage passes/meets n greet etc.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I'm gonna love this card.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 26 of 38
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

great guys keep rubbing it in!

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 27 of 38
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Gibran wrote:

Congrats on getting the SPG card..That card is next on my list, I only stay at Starwood hotels when traveling so this card will definitely get used over and over...I'm just waiting for the right time to pull the trigger, my util is reporting at 15% right now, just waiting for next FICO update to show it down to 6%..

Best time to apply for any AMEX after your first is January, so you get maximum backdating. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 28 of 38
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

@jamesdwi, thanks for that tidbit of info,, I didn't know that, I think I can hold for some more months, definitely won't hurt, my scores will actually be up even more by then...Have to resist temptation now...Smiley Very Happy

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@searchingfor67 wrote:

@CreditEd wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The APR can be either 15.24%, 17.24% or 19.24%, dependent upon credit worthiness....

I finally got the card.  A little disappointed in how long it took to arrive because I stayed at a Starwood property this weekend and wanted to use the card to charge the room.  My rate is 19.24%

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.