amex card to apply for

I have a 700 even score on all three CB's...695 on one

which amex card can I qualify for? 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex card to apply for

I am sure you qualify for most of the cards that are not NO PRE-SET spending limit.

Choose any cards and you'll be okay..

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

really? thanks

wondering if even in this climate is AMEX is approving new accounts, if you know? 

Message 3 of 21
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I really wouldn't apply for an AMEX card right now due to their practices and hassles. Membership has it's rewards.

I would go with Discover because they are very customer friendly and offer good rewards. They might not approve you for a high CL like AMEX but that's why Discover is in a better financial position than AMEX.

Message Edited by YoungEntrepeneur on 04-22-2009 01:29 PM
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok good to know

does Discover just have one type of card? or multiple types like Amex? 

Message 5 of 21
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I believe they have 3-4 cards. The ones I can think of at the moment are the Discover Motiva, Discover More, and the Discover Open Road. They're all good cards and while the Motiva card doesn't offer a good rewards program like the Discover More, it's the easiest card to get approved for through Discover.
Message 6 of 21
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

They have different cards.  You should go to their website and check them out.
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 7 of 21
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

They have a huge selection of card designs if that's what you're referring to.

@sammyfire2001 wrote:
They have different cards.  You should go to their website and check them out.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

2007Credit:

well its upto you to apply but to qualify for AMEX cards, you can do a prequalify inquiries at the website. This is what I did back in december 2008 and I was approved for a card and I choose Blue Sky. 

This is the best credit card ever of all, I was approved and the card was sent to me 1 week later by UPS mail. I didnt expect it and i was surprised by UPS EXPRESS DELIVERY and 3 months later I got a 7,500 bonus points offer which is equal to $100 off on my balance or whatever.

So far my experience with AMEX is awesome, dont know about the future but so far so good. 

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a link to see what cards you are prequalifed for.  Its a soft inquiry, so it doesn't hurt.

https://www201.americanexpress.com/secure/my-special-offers?intsearchct=3|42bf1500aab19ddfea38f56ee0...

Hope this helps!  Let us know if you get a card.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.