Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex clear cash advance benefit

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

amex clear cash advance benefit

anyone use this feature? the only other card i know that has this feature is the penfed promise

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Re: amex clear cash advance benefit

Even tho AMEX offers no cash fees on clear accounts  I wouldnt take advantage of it and  I wouldnt risk for it CLD scenarios based on what I have heard..

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 2 of 19
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@SnowBowl wrote:

Even tho AMEX offers no cash fees on clear accounts  I wouldnt take advantage of it and  I wouldnt risk for it CLD scenarios based on what I have heard..

And running the risk of an FR. 

Message 3 of 19
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

as others have said the risk of FR is too great if you use it for enough money to make it useful, if you need $60 or less ($100 or less if you have walmart discover)  go to a walmart or sam's club and pull out your Walmart or Sams' club card repectively or any discover card buy a pack of gum and get cashback.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

This feature is although not charged by Amex, would still incur an ATM fee of at least $3, right?  From that perspective (doubt any lender will implement AA for a $100 cash advance), I don't think it worthwhile to pay a $3 fee to withdrawal money.

Message 5 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I wouldnt take a cash advance lok
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol*
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 19
flowfaster
Established Contributor

There are better ways to CA any credit card without fee's.  Keep searching.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 8 of 19
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

I want this feature not because I need it, but rather the convenience to take out cash. My landlord is a nut and sometimes the credit line checks I send him end up in the trash, and that way I can still use credit to pay him paper cash. It's worth the three dollar fee. since the money is already in the bank I have every intention of making a payment even before I take the cash out. I will never do it for any other reason. I already have a online Check sending line of credit with my current bank. This would be a back up plan. I would dare use this without immediately paying off what I have withdrew in cash. And also it ends up being cheaper than using my debit card at another ATM where I work that is t my bank ATM. That way when my impatient landlord who is quick to think I am out to stiff him even though I have never been late, I can pay him right then and there at the ATM on the fly while I am on a ten or I need to go outside for a second.
Message 9 of 19
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

And I don't have time to use the discover cash over feature. That would take 8 days to do. think I'm building credit on my rent and is cheaper on the fly especially if I am at work.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.