Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex green card

tag
Feather_Hat
Established Member

amex green card

hey guys i was wondering about difference between amex gold and greeen.

i applied for green because amex PRG has too much AF and i dun use any of early access to ertertainment option for regualr gold.

since i won't be using too much of charge card, i went with green card since it had low AF and has silmiar benefits to regular gold card..

does anyone had green card? did i make rite choice?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shelly313
New Contributor

Re: amex green card

I don't have he green card but I've read a lot about it.  Basically I think you get slightly more rewards with gold, but if your not planning on using it frequnetly then the green makes more since because of the AF.  You can always get your card upgraded to.  So I would see how you like it first!  Congrats on your card Smiley Happy

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

As long as you can substantiate the AF then yes it may be a good choice for you.

The card is a basic point per $1 card but they are MR points and some of the my offers deals help with savings 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

The Premier Rewards Gold offers extra rewards earning and a $175 annual fee. The Gold offers extra benefits (but 1x points on everything) and a $125 annual fee. The Green has a $95 annual fee.

I don't see much point in the Gold. Either PRG or Green is the way to go.
FICOs: EX (per Amex, 1/20/18): 830 | TU (per Discover, 1/20/18): 817

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Drawer: Hella More
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.