Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex green charge vs prg charge

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

amex green charge vs prg charge

Im not gonna apply for either amex today or anything but im wondering if one of the cards are easier to get? The green card is the 95 dollar fee one point on everything while the prg is 175 fee but 3 points travel 2 points gas/supermarket 1 point everything else. My dw gets the prg pre selected mail flyer all the time I received it once. Her score is in the mid to upper 600's. I honestly don't mind paying any annual fee I just want some day to get an amex card. Any thoughts? 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: amex green charge vs prg charge

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Im not gonna apply for either amex today or anything but im wondering if one of the cards are easier to get? The green card is the 95 dollar fee one point on everything while the prg is 175 fee but 3 points travel 2 points gas/supermarket 1 point everything else. My dw gets the prg pre selected mail flyer all the time I received it once. Her score is in the mid to upper 600's. I honestly don't mind paying any annual fee I just want some day to get an amex card. Any thoughts? 

The UW is the same for all their charge cards.  Don't think of just the AF because there really not that far apart as it seems.  If you DW got the card and you were an AU which I assume you would be there is an extra $30 charge.  So green AF $125 w/AU vs PRG AF $175 w/AU. 

What offer from Amex is she receiving?  I opened up the PRG because I got an offer 50k for 2k spend in 3months is that the same as yours? What kind of spending do you plan of putting thru the card?  If it is just like $500 a month then the PRG is probably not the right fit because of the high AF if that is a concern of yours and your main concern is to get in with Amex.  If you are going to spend 30k then you can possibly get like 60k MR points per year and definitely worth it.

Also what does her CR look like baddies, AAOA, inqs to get an idea of her chances.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.