cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex in my sights .......well in a few years!!! BK 7 from 05 reporting....

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

amex in my sights .......well in a few years!!! BK 7 from 05 reporting....

Well my last collection account was removed early ........

was supposed  to have been December ,but it dropped off my CR's  August 1st ........Smiley Wink...

well I am sitting in the garden till then.... 1 new account opened in  April........some INQ on my EQ reports like 7 that will be gone by next year same time.....only 1 from amex  on EXP......4 on TU   turn  1yr in December...

Amex Zync and Discover More will be only cards in my future before I can get rid of my cap 1 card rebuilder,and HSBC / cap one  direct rewards discover.......

Should I just wait till BK comes off completely or just chance at the 8 yr mark that some others have been approved for????

Score in siggy ......

thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: amex in my sights .......well in a few years!!! BK 7 from 05 reporting....

If it's your first Amex, take the shot in December (just not too late, figure mid December for safety in establishing Membership date).

In fairness, BK's appear to be problematic with Amex, but if you don't have your future backdate set in stone, it's worth taking the shot even if it is a deny.  If you already have had an Amex in the past (and if you can prove it) you can afford to wait if you don't want the possible denial, but personally I don't think that it's a wasted inquiry regardless if you need to thicken your file.

        
Message 2 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Good luck w/ amex w/ BK still reporting.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 8
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

was supposed  to have been December ,but it dropped off my CR's  August 1st ........Smiley Wink...

well I am sitting in the garden till then.... 1 new account opened in  April........some INQ on my EQ reports like 7 that will be gone by next year same time.....only 1 from amex  on EXP......4 on TU   turn  1yr in December...

Lucky, I've never had any of mine fall off early, they seem to fall off the month after they are said to fall off.... Still waiting for some from July to fall of....

Good luck with your app.

Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 4 of 8
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I have no plans to app now....I have to get utlization down.......at 28% ......plus I am going to wait at least a year till it ages to 8yrs....

Message 5 of 8
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Amex Zync and Discover More will be only cards in my future before I can get rid of my cap 1 card rebuilder,and HSBC / cap one  direct rewards discover.......

Should I just wait till BK comes off completely or just chance at the 8 yr mark that some others have been approved for????

Score in siggy ......

thanks

So what do u guys think my chances are at the 8 yr mark?

Message 6 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Score in siggy ......

thanks

I think you would have a fair chance with a real EX fico over 700,  no baddies since BK and an income over 30k perferably a lot higher to make them drool  And a thick file with multiple tradeline showing.  All reporting perfect

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 8
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Score in siggy ......

thanks

I think you would have a fair chance with a real EX fico over 700,  no baddies since BK and an income over 30k perferably a lot higher to make them drool  And a thick file with multiple tradeline showing.  All reporting perfect

Yeah.....I  have 2 EXP  inquires  both from Amex   12-2011 and April 2012 ...denied due to BK 

I hope that I stand a chance then at the 8yr mark

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.