cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex is turning into chase, bonus posted next day!

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

amex is turning into chase, bonus posted next day!

come on, I met the $5K for a BGR and it posted yesterday and the 75K is there today...really?  since when?  is business different than personal in this regard?  I have not paid  a cent and I owe them over $10K.  in a darth vader voice, impressive

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Re: amex is turning into chase, bonus posted next day!

Im a new amex customer and i have the PRG and BCE. Both bonuses posted the next business day after the spend requirements were met.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 2 of 8
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@601fluguy wrote:
Im a new amex customer and i have the PRG and BCE. Both bonuses posted the next business day after the spend requirements were met.

I just closed a prg and I know for sure my bonus did not hit until a month after I met the bonus.  not that I am in rush but it seems to be different these days.  been having a amex guy hound me for a bus plat for 100/$10K, so tempting lol

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience Amex has no problem posting the signup bonus right away.  It's everything else that takes forever.  Chase could stand to be faster, too, but at least it's pretty transparent.  Capital One seems to be the quickest at posting rewards that you can actually use.

Message 4 of 8
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In my experience Amex has no problem posting the signup bonus right away.  It's everything else that takes forever.  Chase could stand to be faster, too, but at least it's pretty transparent.  Capital One seems to be the quickest at posting rewards that you can actually use.

posting rewards that you can actually use, what would those be ha-ha.  thanks I needed that.  well then I guess it was just bad luck with amex then becaues mine were slow and chase has been instant on my last 4 cards, the day after post on all of them even the ink

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's nothing new or out of ordinary. Amex always posted sign up bonus immediately after once required spending was met.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I've only had an AMEX card for about 6 months, but all the bonus stuff was great. Sign-up and 10% bonuses all posted immediately. Meanwhile, I still have no idea how to actually redeem the Reward Dollards it says I've earned. They only recently posted, and so far, I'm too lazy to fool with figuring it out. In the meantime, I'll just stick to using Citi/Chase/Discover as they make this stuff far simpler and more intuitive, and worry about it later.

Message 7 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I agree.  Sign up bonus is very quick, rewards on spending are the slowest around (at least on the BCX series).   Capital One is a leader with rewards being available as transactions post AND no minimum redeption

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.