Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex no cli at all / hoping for pc

tag
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

amex no cli at all / hoping for pc

i got my delta gold amex in april of last year. while i was thrilled to finally have a amex in my wallet i still have not gotten a cli of any sort on it and it has a cl of 1k. i have tried for a amex ed twice and was denied, thank god they were sp denials. im hoping its possible to pc this to a amex ed this month or next month. im about to get hit with the 95 or 99 dollar annual fee. if the pc does go thru do i have to pay the annual fee then pc or can i ask for it back after the pc. any one with any experience on this. just sucks to be in a 1k limit and they keep pulling my ex as a answer to why at 648 score. my tu is 717 wish they would use that.

72 cards and done 312,800 in available credit
0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

inqs= eq 48 / ex 35 / tu 15
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex no cli at all / hoping for pc

Why don't you app for the ED? If it goes through, you can try to transfer to the new card anyway and then cancel. If it doesn't, you can try your PC idea. However, as this is a cobranded card, I suspect that you won't be able to PC it to a non-cobranded card. Additionally, you may need to have the card for a year in order to do the PC/CL transfer. 

Your best bet might be to call them and ask for the AF to be waived. 

GL OP

Message 2 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why don't you app for the ED? If it goes through, you can try to transfer to the new card anyway and then cancel. If it doesn't, you can try your PC idea. However, as this is a cobranded card, I suspect that you won't be able to PC it to a non-cobranded card. Additionally, you may need to have the card for a year in order to do the PC/CL transfer. 

GL OP

He did app for it twice,

OP I have a feeling your EX is too low for the ED card. What's holding it down?, maybe take care of those first then once the score goes above 660 then try again.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

GL OP

He did app for it twice,

OP I have a feeling your EX is too low for the ED card. What's holding it down?, maybe take care of those first then once the score goes above 660 then try again.

My mistake. I read that as having tried to CLI twice. 

Message 4 of 8
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

my tu has sky rocketed up to the 700 club since i asked for early exclusion since all 13 of my old derog accounts fall off in sept / oct this year. the only remaining baddies i will have on any reports after them will be a couple 30 day lates from jared / kay jewelers. ive been trying to gw them but so far a no go. just sent out aprils gw letters yeasterday. my ex and eq ex told me to call back in may and june for ee but eq told me they will fall off when they are supposed to.  ive apllies 2 times for ed and a bunch for cli. just want to pc then in july august try for another cli since baddies should be gone from ex.

0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

Message 5 of 8
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Does AmEx allow PCs to the Everyday cards anyways? Last that I heard, you could not PC to them.

Message 6 of 8
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

hoping i can pc to the ed or blue cash. did not want another co brand card

0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

Message 7 of 8
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@mossmanb5 wrote:

hoping i can pc to the ed or blue cash. did not want another co brand card

I know you can PC to the Blue Cash Everyday, Blue Cash Preferred, standard Blue, and the old Blue Cash. When the ED/EDP were introduced, they were application only, that is, you could only obtain them through a new application. AmEx promised PCs would become available after some time, but I haven't heard of anyone successfully converting their card into either the ED or EDP.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.