Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex payment and scoring question%

tag
zerbherb
Established Contributor

amex payment and scoring question%

i'm using zero apr to my advantage. Is paying off 200 $ a monthe enough to keep them happy. I'll have this thing paid of by february.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: amex payment and scoring question%

Should be fine in paying it off in 5 months 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
Open123
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Should be fine in paying it off in 5 months 

Sure, even less, they'll be fine with, really.  All things equal, with Amex, just try to pay at least 2 - 3X the minimum.

Message 3 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@zerbherb wrote:

i'm using zero apr to my advantage. Is paying off 200 $ a monthe enough to keep them happy. I'll have this thing paid of by february.

It's not so much the $X payment but your utilization as well as your entire credit profile.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my observation, it seems that AMEX has loosened its restrictions a lot. Just pay what you are able to pay and ask for a CLI 2 or 3 months in.  

Message 5 of 8
zerbherb
Established Contributor

LOL amex isn't pleased im spending a average of 300 a month on discover. but only paying down 200 a month of the 700 $ left on the amex. First world problems. my scores will bump up quickly transunion 686 equifax 676

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 6 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@zerbherb wrote:

LOL amex isn't pleased im spending a average of 300 a month on discover. but only paying down 200 a month of the 700 $ left on the amex. First world problems. my scores will bump up quickly transunion 686 equifax 676

assume this is just speculation on your part?  Of course they would prefer usuage on their cards, but 200 a month on 700 owed is a decent amt. towards principle I doubt they are very worried at such a small amount owed and decent payments towards what is owed.

Message 7 of 8
zerbherb
Established Contributor

lol guys transunion is back to 708 im on the way back up.

;
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.