Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex plat airline credit

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: amex plat airline credit

All these years, I've never experienced a credit not post within a few days.  So, it appears that maybe Amex has finally enforced this portion of the T&C.

Message 61 of 327
myjourney
Super Contributor

Sorry to jack thread 

But Open123

Dam glad to see you back Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 62 of 327
Open123
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Sorry to jack thread 

But Open123

Dam glad to see you back Smiley Wink

Thanks! 

Message 63 of 327
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

All these years, I've never experienced a credit not post within a few days.  So, it appears that maybe Amex has finally enforced this portion of the T&C.

or maybe the credits will take the full "up to 30 days" to post

Message 64 of 327
EddieK
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Curious what you told them. Did you just say it was incidental? How did the charge show up on your statement?

Here's a screenshot of how it showed up...I eventually kept on saying it was for baggage fees and after waiting while they checked, they finally agreed:

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.35.28 PM.png

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 65 of 327
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

or maybe the credits will take the full "up to 30 days" to post

Possible, but it would be the first time I've seen it take this long.  Hopefully, it's a delay, and we'll hear from members who received the credit.

Message 66 of 327
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned the website had alot of issues today as it was down on and off, hopefully they were doing some maintenance in our favor?  We can only hope, but had to call amex w/regards to other stuff and they plat rep said they were doing a website update causing problems, hopefully this might be the issue with the delay?  One can only hope!  Curious about more data points on this before I go for it.  Regardless I will use the 200 regardless as it counts to the 3k/spent for 100k mr's and can use them regardless. 

Message 67 of 327
EddieK
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Curious what you told them. Did you just say it was incidental? How did the charge show up on your statement?

This is how the charge showed up:

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.56.12 PM.png

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 68 of 327
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping so. Otherwise I will source out spend to friends and family by prepaying luggage lol.
Message 69 of 327
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EddieK wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is how the charge showed up:

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.56.12 PM.png

Interesting. What is Los Angeles Intern? What portal did you buy the GC through? What portal do people typically buy it through?

Message 70 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.