Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex report to credit bureau

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex report to credit bureau

Hi

I am new here ..If I can get some help .. I wanted to know when do amex report to credit bureau? I want to pay the part of balance before they report to lower the utilization rate .

I have amex blue cash for 2 months and it's still not appear on my report? why ?

When do HSBC report ?

Thx everyone 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: amex report to credit bureau

In my experience:

1. HSBC reports on last business of the month and it reports not statement balance but balance on the last business day of the month.

2. Amex has strange reporting policy. It takes at least 2 month to report.

Message Edited by wmarat on 11-26-2008 06:17 AM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your quick response
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex is the strangest (lately in more ways than just reporting), but two months 'late' is pretty common with them, altho it only matters if you're in the market for credit at the time and it's affecting your UTIL negatively.

I try to PIF before the statement date if I think I'll be looking for a loan or app'ing for credit in the next couple of months.

Message 4 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

If your balance is $100 when your statement cuts, it will report at the end of the following month.

Say your statement is 11/19 for argument's sake. Around Jan 2 or 3 the $100 balance should be reflected on your CRs. 

Here we go again...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx reports the previous month's balance right around the time the following month's statement cuts. So if your November statement date was today, for example, you could expect to see your reports finally update with the balance from your October statement!

And edited to add... I think it can vary quite wildly, too. Mine used to be pretty much exactly eight weeks behind in reporting (ie reporting the April balance in June, that kind of thing). Then suddenly they were 'only' a month behind. Then they were kind of all over the place. Now they seem to be back to a month behind. Sigh.

Message Edited by fevmlo on 11-26-2008 04:38 PM
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

humusabugus wrote:

Hi

I am new here ..If I can get some help .. I wanted to know when do amex report to credit bureau? I want to pay the part of balance before they report to lower the utilization rate .

I have amex blue cash for 2 months and it's still not appear on my report? why ?

When do HSBC report ?

Thx everyone 

As the others said, it takes a while for them to start reporting initially.

Once they get going, they seem to report 4 weeks after your statement posted, and the report the balance that was on that statement. So in my particular case, my statements post on the 17th, and whatever the balance is on that statement is sent to the CRA's on the following 14th. This can be really maddening if you're trying to control reported util. IMO, it's best to pay your AmEx in full before the statement posts, and let it report $0 to the CRA's. Use another card, like Bank of America or other primes, that promptly updates to do the util game.

And please note, the 17th happens to be my particular statement date. It varies for everyone, and I'm reasonably sure that AmEx is one of the banks that will allow you to select your own date.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.