Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex site is broken

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex site is broken

amex has totally screwed up their website. some people are seeing weirdness on pre-approval pages while it's working correctly for others. so has anyone been able to get a cli out of it? i tried to get a cli and got an error message about a website update.

these website problems have been going on for over a week. i wonder if they even realize they left it in a half-broken state. most site updates happen in a single day. it's ridiculous to leave a site half-broken like this.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex site is broken

TBH, their site is always experiencing some type of issues no matter what time I'm there.

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I'm just lucky, I rarely ever have issues with their site 🤷🏽‍♀️

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

TBH, their site is always experiencing some type of issues no matter what time I'm there.

Yeah their site is not the greatest...

Message 4 of 27
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1  Both their website and app are industy-leading in my opinion.  The only pages I really ever experience issues with are the "hidden" ones like the LOC Status page where you can check on a pending CLI request.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1  Both their website and app are industy-leading in my opinion.  The only pages I really ever experience issues with are the "hidden" ones like the LOC Status page where you can check on a pending CLI request.

Yep, their pages work just fine for me.  Perhaps its time to clear the browser's cache.

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, their pages work just fine for me.  Perhaps its time to clear the browser's cache.

Incognito has no cache. 

20498990-932E-4C62-98E0-1A19372DB368.png

I can definitely confirm that happens when going to ask for a CLI. 

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear your Amex Cookies.... try it incognito instead to bypass the cookies.

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Clear your Amex Cookies.... try it incognito instead to bypass the cookies.

The image I just posted was taken in incognito mode. 

Message 9 of 27
bergrides
Regular Contributor

I have never requested a CLI, but their site has always worked well for me.  I have never had technical issues with their site

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.