cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any visa/mastercard has 2% cash back or equivalent of that?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: any visa/mastercard has 2% cash back or equivalent of that?

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I prefer the color of cash back. In whatever hue, provided it gives the most cash back.

Well, AFAIK, the only current contenders for "most cash back" are Amex Blue Cash, Wells Fargo Rewards, and TD Cash Rewards, none of which you appear to have!  So you must mean something boring like "for proper purchases"...

Message 41 of 66
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I prefer the color of cash back. In whatever hue, provided it gives the most cash back.

Well, AFAIK, the only current contenders for "most cash back" are Amex Blue Cash, Wells Fargo Rewards, and TD Cash Rewards, none of which you appear to have!  So you must mean something boring like "for proper purchases"...

Ah!... The Giants.

-Mr Spock, Star Trek IV

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 42 of 66
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

-Mr Spock, Star Trek IV

Total $443,800
Message 43 of 66
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

-Mr Spock, Star Trek IV

"If a rewards card has a spending cap, logically, your potential returns are limited.  It then follows that capped cards are sh*t""

- Mr Spock, Star Trek XI, Director's cut

Message 44 of 66
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Don't you feel too tired to keep all the cards blue? What if there are some great cards you really want and they don't have a design that is blue?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 45 of 66
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

As far as cash back goes cap 1 quicksilver...barclays has one... us bank and discover as well ....the best cash back is the amex blue cash but you already have a amex which is your problem
always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 46 of 66
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@creditguy-378 wrote:
As far as cash back goes cap 1 quicksilver...barclays has one... us bank and discover as well ....the best cash back is the amex blue cash but you already have a amex which is your problem

I think it's only good if its blue cash preferred.. which carrys an AF.. but if i get the everyday card.. it's not even as good as using just sallie mae and fidelity?

Message 47 of 66
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@creditguy-378 wrote:

I think it's only good if its blue cash preferred.. which carrys an AF.. but if i get the everyday card.. it's not even as good as using just sallie mae and fidelity?

There are three Blue Cash cards.

Blue Cash Everyday: No AF, 3% Groceries up to $6K spend, 2% gas and select department stores, 1% other

Blue Cash Preferred:  $75 AF.  6% Groceries up to $6K spend, 3% gas and select department stores, 1% other

Blue Cash (a.k.a Old Blue Cash): No AF: 5% Groceries/Gas/Drug Store  after an initial $6.5K spend per year.

As you say, the blue cash everyday isn't as good as Sallie Mae.   BCP is OK if you spend around $6K at supermarkets.   Blue Cash is good for high spends on groceries and gas

(and best in class for manufactured spending)

Message 48 of 66
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

cardchart1.png

Total $443,800
Message 49 of 66
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@creditguy-378 wrote:

There are three Blue Cash cards.

Blue Cash Everyday: No AF, 3% Groceries up to $6K spend, 2% gas and select department stores, 1% other

Blue Cash Preferred:  $75 AF.  6% Groceries up to $6K spend, 3% gas and select department stores, 1% other

Blue Cash (a.k.a Old Blue Cash): No AF: 5% Groceries/Gas/Drug Store  after an initial $6.5K spend per year.

As you say, the blue cash everyday isn't as good as Sallie Mae.   BCP is OK if you spend around $6K at supermarkets.   Blue Cash is good for high spends on groceries and gas

(and best in class for manufactured spending)

I think BCP is really just good for groceries since multiple cards offer 5% on gas.. 3% on gas isn't really attractive.. boa 1-2-3 card and other cards have this reward as well..  the old blue cash requires 6.5 k spend before receiving rewards.. 

i like my sallie mae better.. lol especially 5% on amazon.. even if i don't buy books? 

Message 50 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.