cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any visa/mastercard has 2% cash back or equivalent of that?

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Re: any visa/mastercard has 2% cash back or equivalent of that?

@Themanwhocan wrote:

cardchart1.png

omg.. where did you find all these statistics?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 51 of 66
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

cardchart1.png

omg.. where did you find all these statistics?

Well, you use computers every day and night for 36 years, and you're bound to learn how to do a few useful things.

Pity I never learned how to cook, though.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 52 of 66
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@creditguy-378 wrote:
As far as cash back goes cap 1 quicksilver...barclays has one... us bank and discover as well ....the best cash back is the amex blue cash but you already have a amex which is your problem

I think it's only good if its blue cash preferred.. which carrys an AF.. but if i get the everyday card.. it's not even as good as using just sallie mae and fidelity?

There are three Blue Cash cards.

Blue Cash Everyday: No AF, 3% Groceries up to $6K spend, 2% gas and select department stores, 1% other

Blue Cash Preferred:  $75 AF.  6% Groceries up to $6K spend, 3% gas and select department stores, 1% other

Blue Cash (a.k.a Old Blue Cash): No AF: 5% Groceries/Gas/Drug Store  after an initial $6.5K spend per year.

As you say, the blue cash everyday isn't as good as Sallie Mae.   BCP is OK if you spend around $6K at supermarkets.   Blue Cash is good for high spends on groceries and gas

(and best in class for manufactured spending)

I think BCP is really just good for groceries since multiple cards offer 5% on gas.. 3% on gas isn't really attractive.. boa 1-2-3 card and other cards have this reward as well..  the old blue cash requires 6.5 k spend before receiving rewards.. 

i like my sallie mae better.. lol especially 5% on amazon.. even if i don't buy books? 

It really all depends on your spend (hence the usefullness of TheManWhoCan's chart).  Boa 1-2-3 gas spend is capped (along with grocery) whereas the BCP's 3% isn't.  This doesn't matter if your spend is under the cap, but for some it will be a consideration (and those should get Penfed or Fort Knox!)

For many, a single Sallie Mae isn't going to be enough, and that's where other cards come into play.  But if it works for you, that's all that matters..

Message 53 of 66
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

My Priceline card is 2% cash back, so that is my general spending card.

But I don't think Barclays is offering the 2% CB Priceline anymore. I think now its 1% cash back on everthing + 5% on all Priceline purchases.

Mine is 2% on everthing + 5% on Priceline Name Your Own Price Purchases Only. 

I have the 2%/5% NYOP version too. I really like it, I'm considering making it the only card I use when I get tired of playing the rewards game.

Message 54 of 66
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Themanwhocan,

I have a question about the rewards on the Sallie Mae. Is the $250 max for gas and groceries separately or combined? 

250 for gas and 250 for groceries is great. Combined, it will max out pretty fast. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 55 of 66
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

Themanwhocan,

I have a question about the rewards on the Sallie Mae. Is the $250 max for gas and groceries separately or combined? 

250 for gas and 250 for groceries is great. Combined, it will max out pretty fast. 

its 250 each for gas and groceries , so 500 total. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 56 of 66
elim
Senior Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Arrival+ 

edit: I would PC the BofA cash rewards to the Travel rewards that is no AF and 1,5% and no  FTF. You have the Sallie Mae which will cover most part of the Cash rewards card?

Most of my expenses are online shopping... so if there's a card has 5% online shopping all the time it will be great.. lol only the last quater of my discover card has that benefit and it's only up to $1,500...

chase amazon is ...

3% Back at Amazon.com

2% Back at gas stations, restaurants, drugstores and office supply stores

1% Back on all other purchases

i would love a 5% rewards

Message 57 of 66
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Thanks, Mongstradamus

I actually went to the site and read the fine print. Cool beans. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 58 of 66
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Since when does Chase Amazon give 2% on office supply?

Message 59 of 66
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Since when does Chase Amazon give 2% on office supply?

sense always. Its a very unrated card! I just wish it gave 5% back all the time on amazon. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 60 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.