Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone carrying a balance with bbt over 30%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone carrying a balance with bbt over 30%

a room in my home got damaged by small fire but smoked up everything. its my moms room she needs a bed, carpet, walls cleaned and repainted and so on .i need to spend at least 2k to help her shes in bad shape ,copd, ect.

with the balance transfers already have ill get in to the 40 to possibly 60 % ultility on my card for 2 to 3 months.

how does bbt like that? anybody been balanced chased by them? do they allow mulpitule payments a month?

thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: anyone carrying a balance with bbt over 30%

How long have you had this card? All BB&T cards?

My opinion is, regardless of bank, when they balance chase me ( and several did balance chase me back in the day ) that is their right.  I will pay back the card according to terms.  

Then once it is paid off, consider whether the bank is reliable enough for you to continue doing business with them.  

Said differently, I would use the card and figure out later, if any balance chasing occurred.  But you won’t get a clear answer if balance chasing will occur, because it is file specific, transaction specific. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

a room in my home got damaged by small fire but smoked up everything. its my moms room she needs a bed, carpet, walls cleaned and repainted and so on .i need to spend at least 2k to help her shes in bad shape ,copd, ect.

with the balance transfers already have ill get in to the 40 to possibly 60 % ultility on my card for 2 to 3 months.

how does bbt like that? anybody been balanced chased by them? do they allow mulpitule payments a month?

thanks

IMHO, don’t worry about UT during this emergency. It really shouldnt matter one way or the other. Think of it like this (because I certainly would)—you have only one mom that can’t be replaced. But you can replace any CC if they’re inclined to take AA. Let their action be the last of your worries. Just my 2cents. 

Another thought: why isn’t your insurance paying for this.  

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most definitely I'm fixing it for her .it's a older double wide trailer we searched and could never find a serial number will assume it was on the tongue which has been cut off. So no insurance company will insure it.
Message 4 of 10
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks

I have to BBT Visa Cards. Both have been over 30% for a while and I have experienced no balance chasing

#1: 2K- Limit 5.5K 36%

#2 3.2K - Limit 5.5K 58% 

Hopes this helps

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Gramps, use your cards for what they're there forSmiley Happy if in the end they balance Chase you, then you'll know they might not be the best for you and you can branch out. Thats one good reason for lender diversity. Just make sure to make good payments. Glad everyone is ok, Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I would just worry about the situation at hand and not worry about balance chasing. If it happens it happens, you can move on to other lenders for future use. Not worth the worry because no one's going to be able to say if you will or won't get balance chased. Use your card for whatever you need it for, that's why it's there.

Message 7 of 10
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks

Sorry to hear this, @Anonymous. So glad you are able to take care of your mother! Do what you have to do. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I will share one experience, it wasn't BB&T, but USBank, a fairly conservative lender. I called them in advance to let them know I had a large purchase coming up that I was going to use their 0% intro offer for and would carry a significant balance for a few months. They placed me on hold for a minute or two, came back on the line and thanked me for letting them know, said it wouldn't be a problem.

GL!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old is it?

Generally the number is located on the frame just above where the tongue would have been. Which would require removal of skirting.

Or you can sometimes find the data plate in the Master Bedroom's closet.

As for the funds to repair, I maybe look into possibly getting a small fixed loan. If the CC route bother you. Or you could also contact BBT and explain high usage, and a plan to pay it back.

As long as you pay more than the minimums though, they shouldn't get too concerned. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have looked for it for years no luck.yes sir I pay bbt 300 each every month minimum wast 33 last month
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.