Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone else get nervous?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: anyone else get nervous?

@Skye12329 wrote:
Anyone else get nervous when applying for a card? Like to me the swirling/loading screen is like the death of me. I guess it would be comparable to a pregnancy test Smiley Tongue

Like even if I'm confident I will get approved i always get an andrenline rush just filling out the app and then when I hit submit I always expect a denial. Always end up being shocked when it says approved. But I mean the 90 seconds is like the longest 90 seconds ever. I always close my eyes.

What about you all?

There is a sense of anticipation when apping, but I can pretty much guarantee it is not comparable to a pregnancy test. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:
Anyone else get nervous when applying for a card? Like to me the swirling/loading screen is like the death of me. I guess it would be comparable to a pregnancy test Smiley Tongue

Like even if I'm confident I will get approved i always get an andrenline rush just filling out the app and then when I hit submit I always expect a denial. Always end up being shocked when it says approved. But I mean the 90 seconds is like the longest 90 seconds ever. I always close my eyes.

What about you all?

Oh yeah...new to credit decent score but just new

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really..

Message 23 of 32
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Every. Single. Time. LOL
Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really.  But I do make sure I have the recon number.  

That said I won't be applying for anything for another six months (short of a car loan, that is).

Message 25 of 32
surferchris
Valued Contributor

I don't really care if I get an approval or not.  I research the scores and profile needed before I apply for something, and if I get rejected, OH WELL...lol

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes all the time specially for my venture since i have a bunch of recent accounts. 

which is hurting my fico now. 

(crying a little inside)

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I was just as nervous on the Amex CLI as any card app. Well, could have been because it was SB Sunday also but there was a bit of angst.

And when I app for one card come the first week in Dec. of this year I don't think nerves will play a part. Hopefully the scores will all be up, current limits will have increased and I should be confident of an approval for whatever the best card for me is at that time. Smiley LOL

Gardening sure takes the stress out of credit...

Message 28 of 32
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes all the time specially for my venture since i have a bunch of recent accounts. 

which is hurting my fico now. 

(crying a little inside)

I'm always nervous! It literally feels like I might faint LOL

I think I've opened, filled out, and losed the Venture app at least 15x. All while the credit pulls database and who gave me credit tabs are opened in my browser. I don't know if the drive to just apply or the anxiety of waiting on an answer is worse. Smiley Sad

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, when I hit submit I leave the room for awhile and come back after about three or four minutes. 

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.