cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone try CLI for Citi?

tag

anyone try CLI for Citi?

Just got an increase from 1100 double to 2200. Still trying to verify that it was a soft pull when I called 800-480-0205, a backdoor number.

I hope it was. The CSR said she had to pull my credit profile before the hold so I'm not sure, and didn't want to bother asking her, in

the event that she had no clue what I'd be talking about. Forum lingo...

So now here's what I want to do:

My statement cuts on the 13th, three days away, for my Citi card. Limit is 1600.

Will this increase today from Walmart help me possibly get double from Citi?

For people who've requested increases on their Citi cards:

Best to hit the link online?

Find a backdoor number?

Directly call Customer Service?

I really liked the backdoor number with WM because that link I've read doesn't work. Maybe it's the same with Citi.

It's my sixth month with them. My account was approved really early June, I believe.

Do I have to wait FOR the 13th and after my statement cuts OR could I attempt anytime since it is my sixth month with them?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: anyone try CLI for Citi?

Unfortunately, I can't help you with citi. Walmart (GE), on the other hand is always a soft - this is just another reason that so many people love GE!

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 2 of 24
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@heytherehitherehothere wrote:

Just got an increase from 1100 double to 2200. Still trying to verify that it was a soft pull when I called 800-480-0205, a backdoor number.

I hope it was. The CSR said she had to pull my credit profile before the hold so I'm not sure, and didn't want to bother asking her, in

My statement cuts on the 13th, three days away, for my Citi card. Limit is 1600.

Find a backdoor number?

I really liked the backdoor number with WM because that link I've read doesn't work. Maybe it's the same with Citi.

It's my sixth month with them. My account was approved really early June, I believe.

Do I have to wait FOR the 13th and after my statement cuts OR could I attempt anytime since it is my sixth month with them?

Yes, you do have to wait for your 6th statement to cut.  As soon as it generates, go for the CLI.  My husband got a CLI on his Citi Simplicity card the day his 6th statement generated, which was November 23rd.  He requested it online via the link.  He requested a $5,000 increase and they countered.  His limit went from $7,400 to $11,500 - an increase of $4100.  It was a soft pull.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 3 of 24
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

It is actually the first day in the month your 6th genrates. My pops just got one today even though his 6 statment genrates on the 15th of Dec. Call in to make sure it is not a hard though.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 4 of 24
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Hi .... All my citi clis (4) have been hard pulls.
Message 5 of 24

Does anyone think Citi would mind a balance on card at time of request?

I am trying to take advantage of the 18 months for 0% bt's and that's the reason I am wanting to look into an increase.

I am going to play it safe and wait three more days for my statement to roll out, and possibly on the 14th I'll request.

The only question now: ONLINE or CSR?

I love the simplicity of going online and hitting a link, filling out whatever, and just reading the results,

but from my experience with a backdoor number today for WM, I like that as well.

So?

Message 6 of 24

Also:

If I make a payment on my Citi card the day of requesting an increase, or even wait to request until the payment shows up,

will they see that when they pull my reports for the increase?

I have a balance on the card now and so many people say it's a huge red flag when util is high with almost maxing the card out,

but my walmart card was near max and they still gave me double the limit.

I'm just wondering if Citi would be the same way.

Message 7 of 24
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

I was inspired by this thread and went to go ask for one online. (I think I was feeling lucky after my AMEX 3X CLI the other day.) After inputting my income/renting info, I requested a $2000 increase, they came back with $1500, and I accepted.

The last screen said "no credit report was pulled for this increase" or something like that, so I'm assuming it was a soft pull.

EDIT: I've had my card since February, so this wasn't a 6-month CLI.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 8 of 24
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Find a backdoor number?

Every 6 statement it seems. If you ask more than once in six months, it will be a HP. I learned the hard way.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 9 of 24
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

Does anyone think Citi would mind a balance on card at time of request?

I am trying to take advantage of the 18 months for 0% bt's and that's the reason I am wanting to look into an increase.

I am going to play it safe and wait three more days for my statement to roll out, and possibly on the 14th I'll request.

The only question now: ONLINE or CSR?

I love the simplicity of going online and hitting a link, filling out whatever, and just reading the results,

but from my experience with a backdoor number today for WM, I like that as well.

So?

When I requested a CLI last month I had a large balance on my card and they still gave me a huge increase.

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.