Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app citi m/c diamond preferred thru credit.com

tag
dominow
New Contributor

app citi m/c diamond preferred thru credit.com

more confused than ever. credit.com has me at 777. but citi only gave me 3k. how soon to ask for cli?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: app citi m/c diamond preferred thru credit.com

Congrats on the new card, I dont deal with Citi cant help you on it Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I'd say six months, but I just started my relationship with them last month.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I would suggest waiting at a min 3 mos so they can see your pyt history; 6 mos is probably best. 

Message 4 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Unless can negotiate something at activation, Citi requires 6 months between CLI requests. The credit.com score is a FAKO and the CL assignment is based on several other factors such as income, current limits, etc.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 7
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@dominow wrote:

more confused than ever. credit.com has me at 777. but citi only gave me 3k. how soon to ask for cli?

If there is a BACKDOOR or RECON number in the forums for Citi, you could try asking for the higher limit since you just applied for the card.

Otherwise, Citi does require six months between CLIs. Last year I had a CSR suggest three months, but the letter I received back clearly stated six months needed to pass.  I don't know if it's six months from the CLI (like Amex), or six statements (like GECRB would do), but now you know when to call.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 6 of 7
dominow
New Contributor

thanks to all!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.