Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app spree . need help . one approval . two pending

tag
ymmv
Established Member

app spree . need help . one approval . two pending

Today I applied for an amex bce , discover more, and a bofa cash rewards card.

The discover more was instantly approved. I got Tue seven day message for the amex, and a 30 wait for a letter notice from bofa. Should I recon the two tomorrow. I'm figuring my chances aren't great. What should i say during the recon?
BofA 123 - 0/5K, Discover More 0/8K, Amex Blue 0/9.4k, Capital One Platinum 0/5k, Express 0/1350
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Re: app spree . need help . one approval . two pending

You took the HPs, you might as well recon.  It may just be that they need to very some of your information or that there is a problem with the automated system.  I think AMEX has a weblink where you can check the status of your application.  Other forum members have reported getting the same message and then logging into the application status page and have found out they were approved.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 2 of 17
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@GST2008 wrote:

You took the HPs, you might as well recon.  It may just be that they need to very some of your information or that there is a problem with the automated system.  I think AMEX has a weblink where you can check the status of your application.  Other forum members have reported getting the same message and then logging into the application status page and have found out they were approved.

Check here... Amex Approval

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 3 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@GST2008 wrote:

I agree, you've tooken the HP's I would call in and find out what the deal is.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Recon never hurts.  What kind of scores you looking at?  Any explanations for negatives on credit report are good to have before you recon.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 17
OhMyCredit
Valued Member

I applied for a BOA card on May 17 and got the 30 day message. After calling the app status number at least twice a day I finally got a "Congratulations you've been approved" message this past Friday, June 1. A 30 day message for BOA doesn't necessarily mean a decline, they just may need to review your file manually or verify information.

Starting Score: EQ 545
Current Score: EQ 694, TU 690, EX 647(Oct 2011), TU08 693
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 17
ymmv
Established Member

Just received an email. I've been approved for the amex. So stoked! Still haven't heard from bofa.
BofA 123 - 0/5K, Discover More 0/8K, Amex Blue 0/9.4k, Capital One Platinum 0/5k, Express 0/1350
Message 7 of 17
ymmv
Established Member

It depends on what site. Freescore showed 644 today before my apps. Ck showed 747. so I was a bit nervous. I was denied last year for the amex.
Message 8 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS on the boa approval!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 17
2NE1
Established Contributor

LS - I believe the approvals posted are Discover and AMEX! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.