Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: app spree

haha Ok last one submitted was Bed Bath and Beyond Mastercard, My Fico is is gonna plummet

Message 21 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

the good news is, it will probably come back in less than 6 months. but I really would stop at this point until you work your way through all these current apps out. it's going to be tough probably with all the reports blocked

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, but since I am the only one with the pin code why would they give me a hard time? Which would you say i stand best to get, I apped Krogers and CHase first

Message 23 of 28
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok putting the laptop down, Just apped for West Elm cc, and Toyota....both 7-10 day message....that now 11 cards I applied for....OMG i am screwed now, hopefully Kroger, Chase, and UsBank will aprove!

@Anonymous wrote:

I figured that, i should have taken them off before, they are probably going to hound me for every piece of identity now, dong even know where my SSN card is. Oh well Barclays I fear are going to be the hardest, even though my scores qualify. Has anyone had luck GW asking to remove the inqs?

You can't have legitimate inquiries removed as that is considered fraud.  Is there a specific reason why you app'd for ALL of these cards?  Even if you get most of these there still is the risk of being AA'd later on when some of these big banks soft your reports and see all of these accounts all of the sudden pop up.  Having a great FICO score is attributed to a smart financial plan and doing things in a timely fashion.  I just wouldn't want to spend the next few months looking over my shoulder to see if any of these cards are going to go bye bye.  Next week should be interesting for you... keep us posted.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just don't understand why people go on 'app sprees.' Isn't it far more preferable to take it slow, get cards with large banks/credit unions over time, and build your history with them? That's the approach I took, and it has served me way better than applying to 8 sub prime cards, and then ditching them when my credit score increases. I started with a score in the upper 500s, and have worked myself up to 760. I currently have cards with bank of america, chase, american express, discover, and penfed. I plan to just grow with these companies rather than going on 'app sprees' which will litter my credit file.

Take it slow. Building credit isn't like going on a shopping spree. It takes time.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates?

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious to see how many you got approved for. What happens if you got approved for them all?

Message 27 of 28
score_building
Senior Contributor

If OP submitted 11 apps as PP less than 50% approval should be expected, another good reason to be more moderate when seeking new credit.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.