Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approved for marriott rewards premier... but not currently a Marriott member

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

approved for marriott rewards premier... but not currently a Marriott member

I was approved for the Marriott Rewards Premier but I am not a Marriott Rewards member. Will they issue me a rewards number with the card or do I sign up separately and merge the card to my rewards number?

Also curious about the elite status... does that reset yearly or if i earn gold status do i keep earning towards platinum even after my anniversary date? 

Finally has anyone had luck contacting Chase and getting them to rush the card? I could really really use it this weekend and wondering if they could overnight it after its made?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: approved for marriott rewards premier... but not currently a Marriott member

1. Yes, they assign you a new rewards number.

2. The elite status is yearly. But the Marriott Premier Rewards card throws in 15 credits, keeping you at Silver, even if you did nothing. There ARE numbers of nights which qualify you for lifetime status. E.g. 250 nights or 1.2 million points will qualify you for lifetime Silver stauts. But otherwise, it's year by year.

3. No idea. I just got wind that I was approved as well - actually by an email from Marriott with my new Rewards Number and my free cat1-4 night certificate, and after creating an account with it, I saw an automatic Silver Elite status.

Message 2 of 18
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: approved for marriott rewards premier... but not currently a Marriott member

I am in the same situation.  I was approved for Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature without having a Marriott account so I called in and asked if I should go online and set one up.  The Chase CSR told me not to.  She said they would enroll me with Marriott and include the information with my welcome kit when the card comes.

Message 3 of 18
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@yfan wrote:

3. No idea. I just got wind that I was approved as well - actually by an email from Marriott with my new Rewards Number and my free cat1-4 night certificate, and after creating an account with it, I saw an automatic Silver Elite status.

How long did it take before you recieved this email?  I was instantly approved Thursday night and I haven't heard anything since the email congratulating me for being approved.

Message 4 of 18
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

The card usually takes 5-7 days if you entered your Marriott number but since you didn't it will be more like 7-10 days. You may be able to ask for overnight shipping as soon as it's setup. 

Message 5 of 18
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for the Marriott Rewards Premier but I am not a Marriott Rewards member. Will they issue me a rewards number with the card or do I sign up separately and merge the card to my rewards number?

Also curious about the elite status... does that reset yearly or if i earn gold status do i keep earning towards platinum even after my anniversary date? 

Finally has anyone had luck contacting Chase and getting them to rush the card? I could really really use it this weekend and wondering if they could overnight it after its made?

I Contact Chase by SM and they have rushed all the CC's that I got from them. One of the things I love about chase is they will rush the card to you for free if you just ask Smiley Happy 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I Contact Chase by SM and they have rushed all the CC's that I got from them. One of the things I love about chase is they will rush the card to you for free if you just ask Smiley Happy 

Sorry what's SM?

Message 7 of 18
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry what's SM?

Secure Message 

I got approved for the Chase sapphire preferred last night and then went ahead and asked them to rush and they sending it to me by the next 2 days Smiley Happy

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 8 of 18
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

I just SM'd Chase and asked to have my Marriott Premiere Rewards rushed for Wednesday since I'm leaving town on Thursday. We'll see what they say. I already had a Mariott Premiere Rewards number.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 9 of 18
yfan
Valued Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

@yfan wrote:

How long did it take before you recieved this email?  I was instantly approved Thursday night and I haven't heard anything since the email congratulating me for being approved.

Yeah, I applied roughly a week and a half ago... July 23 or 24 I believe. And I received the email last night.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.