Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approved for two cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

approved for two cards

Hello Forum members,
I have been reading posts on this site for about 3 months now. This site is the playbook to get back in the credit game and WIN!!!!!.
I have a discharged chap 13,(dec 2004) I have been rebuilding my credit since 2005.Prior to finding this forum I had achieved some success by following Stephen Snyders life after bankrupcty steps.
I have financed 2 vehicles, got a mortgage, 2 secured credit cards one for $500 from my credit union,another for$400 from banco popular that has now been converted to unsecured HSBC with a cl increase to $900.But the good news is what happened after reading posts on this site from people like Boadie. I have :
                       Visa from my credit union 10,000 cl
                      wamu mastercard              1,500 cl
                     Hooters mastercard            1,000 cl
just got approved for carnival sea miles master card on 9/28/2007  1,800 cl
 ALL the above because of this site. I was afraid to apply for unsecured before reading posts on this forum, because i was told that your fico must be at least 680 after bk to qualify for unsecured credit cards. the last time i checked none of my scores were above 650. I do know my Trans Union is 645. I also have a paid collection from west asset that they will not delete nor accept PFD. that is the only negative i have since my bk and it should not have gone to collection. (at&t        
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: approved for two cards

Congratulations HeavyD.  Yes there is life after BKSmiley Very Happy Just don't forget everything else youv'e read on the forum..lol!!!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

good work-

IMHO -Don't apply for any more-

Your AVG age will start to suffer-
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats HeavyD!!

This is good news. I too have read all of Stephen books and a seminar.  While I was able to raise my scores to purchase a home and get some decent credit lines.

I feel this message board takes it to another level.  Speaking with people from all over the country and hearing where to apply and what scores they needed to get approval.

That is one thing I wish Stephen would have included.  I am grateful to him because I never would have found such an interest in myfico.

Message 4 of 9
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Good job HD!!
Message 5 of 9
future
Frequent Contributor

very good  wtg
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! You are working the system and the system is working for you Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
Tim3071

Good Job heavyd. I went the same rought as you with lifeafterbankrptcy.com (Steven Shnyder), but it wasn't till this site that things started to rock and roll!
WAMU Plat. MC 8K cl. low apr 
Sea Miles MC 3K but high apr
Patelco CU 5K Visa 8.9% apr
CCCU Visa 1500 cl. 7.9 apr

Thanks to everyone here!
Message 8 of 9
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Great Job!!! Yes, there is life after BK....I am glad I found this site,

Phumanr
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.