cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are only some eligible for Citi's American Express Two Card account feature ?

tag
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

are only some eligible for Citi's American Express Two Card account feature ?

Earlier this year, some Citi World Mastercard Dividend Platinum Select customers received an unexpected surprise -- Citi has a feature that it calls a Two Card account which means that a Citi American Express card is linked to your Citi credit card.

Since we shop at Costco a lot, I thought it'd be great to request this feature for my Citi Visa Dividend Platinum Select account. I logged in to my account and sent a secure message.

I got this reply:

"To better assist you, we need to speak with you directly. Please contact us at [...]
Thank you for using our website."

Since they won't give me a straight simple answer online via secure message, then I don't want to have my time wasted calling about it.

So are just certain accounts eligible ?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: are only some eligible for Citi's American Express Two Card account feature ?

I've never heard of this, but I'm curious, how does this show on your CR, as two different TLs, or just one ??

Also, FYI I don't have a Citi MC.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: are only some eligible for Citi's American Express Two Card account feature ?

Are you referring to this card?

If yes, here is a description:

The Citi Platinum American Express Credit Card is a rewards credit card offer that is a part of the ThankYou credit card rewards network.
For those who like to travel in style, the Citi Platinum American Express Credit Card offers perks at airports around the world, as well as no preset spending limit, making the Citi Platinum AmEx both a rewards credit card and a travel credit card.

Benefits of Carrying the Citi Platinum American Express Credit Card
It’s very important that people select a credit card that reflects their lifestyle, and caters to the activities they like to participate in. Gone are the days when credit cards were merely a way to avoid paying for a purchase until the end of the month. Now, your credit card can earn you perks and privileges for no other reason than making a purchase.

The benefits of carrying the Citi Platinum American Express card are: 

■Earn 5 ThankYou Points for $1 spent at grocery stores, pharmacies and gas stations
■3 ThankYou Points earned on other purchases for 24 months from the date of account opening
■After 24 months, cardholders earn 1 point for every dollar spent
■Between 1 and 10 ThankYou Points earned per dollar at participating ThankYou® Network retailers
■Potential to earn 150,000 ThankYou Points a year

Additional Perks Provided By Citi Platinum American Express Card
A.Access to VIP airport lounges
B.Companion air tickets
C.15,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $300 in purchases
D.No pre-set spending limit
Citi American Express Platinum Fees and Rates

While you might first be attracted to the Citi Platinum American Express Credit Card because of the top tier benefits it can provide you with, you’ll probably want to take a look at the interest rates and usage fees before you decide that you want to stay with it. Fees and rates for this card include:

■Balance Transfer fee
■3.99% balance transfer rate (does not apply to purchases)
■Late payments or returned checks result in immediate increase of 3.99% APR
■Payments are applied to low APR balances before higher ones

Message 3 of 7
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I want that! Link please.

I would love to PC my Thank You AMEX to that thing.
Message 4 of 7
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
I want that! Link please.

I would love to PC my Thank You AMEX to that thing.

Isn't it more or less a complimentary card, not really a PC?

They sent the GF one and left me hangin', LOL! I was quasi-annoyed but always forget to ask for one when calling customer service about other matters.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Citi's website has been horrible to use for about two months.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.