cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are we all a bunch of screw ups this week?

tag
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Re: are we all a bunch of screw ups this week?

I so badly want to apply for the freedom and Bce, but I realize that if I apply for it now, I probably won't be approved. So for now I'm staying good and keeping the itch away or even thinking about applying for anything. But congrats to those of you that have applied and have been approved!
Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who are you banking that you get 7.5%, James?
Message 22 of 30
lithium78
Established Contributor

I got my AF removed for my Capital One Platinum and got a 1.99% APR promotion for six months on Discover It without hard pulls, so I've had a pretty good week.  I haven't left the garden since 07/2011.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 30
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
At jamesdwi, how are you getting 7.5%?!?!!!!

www.landmarkcu.com  vip checking account gives 7.5% for the first $500 in the account with Direct deposit and paperless. its only .1% after that... so its basicly its a couple dollars in interest per month, best I have done is $3.xx in interest a month but I put all my bills on my Zync card and let the money sit in my account and they pay me, and AMEX gives me rewards it was a lot prettier before AMEX killed double points for Cell phone bill and cable bill. 

P.S. don't bother applying for there credit cards unless you have no baddies, and an 800 fico... Got turned down for a credit card with a 720 Fico and a 10+ year relationship with the bank, no bounced checks in years checking and savings accounts, and numerous CD's over the years.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 24 of 30
toppers555
Established Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
At jamesdwi, how are you getting 7.5%?!?!!!!

www.landmarkcu.com  vip checking account gives 7.5% for the first $500 in the account with Direct deposit and paperless. its only .1% after that... so its basicly its a couple dollars in interest per month, best I have done is $3.xx in interest a month but I put all my bills on my Zync card and let the money sit in my account and they pay me, and AMEX gives me rewards it was a lot prettier before AMEX killed double points for Cell phone bill and cable bill. 

P.S. don't bother applying for there credit cards unless you have no baddies, and an 800 fico... Got turned down for a credit card with a 720 Fico and a 10+ year relationship with the bank, no bounced checks in years checking and savings accounts, and numerous CD's over the years.

I actually just appiled for auto loan with them last , but I am going with BOFA I am pretty sure. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 25 of 30
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Got approved for BCE after having Amex Green for 2 months. 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 26 of 30
swpopham
Established Contributor

forgot to add that we were both denied for a discover card, her for EQ inquires-8 and me for utilization (she called high balances)

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 27 of 30
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

NFCU has got to be the most generous creditor. If only I could get in with them.

Message 28 of 30
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

NFCU Visa siggy CLI from $5k to 7.5
Navcheck approval $3k

Both took hp's. I'm in the garden now for another 6 months....hopefully Smiley Happy

Like I need to stay away from here because temptation is always looming LOL!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 29 of 30
v639dragoon

Approved for a Chase Southwest Plus @ 5k CL. 

Denied for Barclay's NFL card. Tried to recon, but was told I had a limited history. Oh well. 

Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL | Amex BCP $6k | Credit Union Card $1k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5k | Southwest RR Plus $5k | Nordstrom Store Card $4k | Cap1 Venture $35k AU | Amex Plat Business NPSL
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.