Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asking PenFed for CLI after the 60-90 days are up

tag
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: asking PenFed for CLI after the 60-90 days are up

I'm betting these pre-approved offers are few and far between...
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

jmbfl wrote:

I'm betting you are correct. However, I'd love for us to be proven wrong!
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got in like a few weeks ago. Does that mean I have to wait 90 days before they'll pull a new report? When I applied for a card I got some weird message about pyramids. I looked at my report and it didn't look like I was in Egypt. Almost all my cards are paid off. Would like a big boy card with a real limit so I can slowly get rid of the old high interest cards.
Message 13 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It means that you can apply for additional PenFed products during this time period without additional hard inqs.

PenFed frequently uses the term "pyramiding debt" when they think that you've been applying for a lot of new credit. They wonder what you're up to. The term is really supposed to mean increasing your total credit limits without reducing your total debt, but PenFed has its own spin.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to jump through hoops to be a member. They better open the door and give me a credit card or...or...or...I'll have to...go somewhere else for credit Smiley Very Happy

I do have a citiflex account which is kind of new and that's because I had to recon with Citi and they took forever. And I got a card out of that too so those are new but the card has not been used at all and the flex hasn't been flexed out.

It's a shame that when you try to better your credit situation you get held back by glass ceilings. I went from fighting rats for rusty high interest soup cans to eating low interest filet mignon and my cards should match.
Message 15 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@jmbfl wrote:

Clean EQ and high scores along with a solid payment history. I've only seen a few over at CB who have received these offers.
Message 16 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@smallfry wrote:

@jmbfl wrote:
Clean EQ and high scores along with a solid payment history. I've only seen a few over at CB who have received these offers.

Well, it will be a while for me, then. Smiley Sad

Great payment history, but barring a miracle, it will be a good long while before EQ is clean. Clean-ish, maybe, but not clean.

Ah well, it took a while to screw up my credit history, and it will take a while to shine it back up.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.