cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back to seedling :) - will I ever get beyond bronze spade?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

back to seedling :) - will I ever get beyond bronze spade?

Some people are just not made for gardening?  Well I stepped right back now and hope I will manage to get beyond bronze spade next time. With a very  slim chance for approval I could not resist in apping for the Barclay Arrival World MC. After the initial 10 day review message I was convinced this will be a straigt denial due to my too many recent inquires and 5 new accounts in less than 6 months.  After a call yesterday from the security department confirming that it was me that applied I got a nice message today:

Congratulations! You have been approved for the Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard®. 

Barclay made my day !  Still cannot believe it until I have the card in my hands Heart

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: back to seedling :) - will I ever get beyond bronze spade?

Congrats on your new card!  Back to the garden with ye!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 18
ElCamino
Contributor

Congrats!

What made you break out of the garden? Was it the card itself, or the awesome sign up bonus that Barclay is offering for the card?

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 3 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats!!!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ElCamino wrote:

Congrats!

What made you break out of the garden? Was it the card itself, or the awesome sign up bonus that Barclay is offering for the card?

Thanks. Kind of both. Since Citi is charging me on every AA.com ticket in USD a foreign transaction fee of 40-80$ because it is processed in Houndlow,  I decided to look for an alternative travel card without the foreign transaction fee. Chase CSP cannot be applied before 2014 so I decided to go with Barclay Arrival. Looks to me like very good card for my needs as 80% of my charges are in foreign currencies or processed outside the US. It complements the BofA travel rewards card nicely. Discover IT lacks so much of acceptance in Europe. For the moment I am really set with my cards and looking forward to that Barclay card.  

Message 5 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Some people are just not made for gardening?  Well I stepped right back now and hope I will manage to get beyond bronze spade next time. With a very  slim chance for approval I could not resist in apping for the Barclay Arrival World MC. After the initial 10 day review message I was convinced this will be a straigt denial due to my too many recent inquires and 5 new accounts in less than 6 months.  After a call yesterday from the security department confirming that it was me that applied I got a nice message today:

Congratulations! You have been approved for the Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard®. 

Barclay made my day !  Still cannot believe it until I have the card in my hands Heart

CONGRATS!! Smiley Happy

(Your thread has been flagged and submitted to the emergency response team) 

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Considering the savings, it made good financial sense.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

thanks to all

@LS and Webhopper... I prepared the handcuffs already just in case..so no more itchy fingers and from now stay firmly in the garden Smiley Happy.....the good thing is the fewer cards that interest me the easier gardening will be Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 18
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  Now that you have one of the cards you wanted, you can stay a little longer in the garden.

Message 9 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

myFICO Emergency Response Team alerted!
Return to the garden immediately!
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.