Did you mean: 

bank of america cash rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

bank of america cash rewards

got a mailer for this card. tempted for the 0 apr for 15 months

backstory:

i believe i am banned from opening a checking account because i deposited a check written by my once friend who did something shady with his own bank. this was sometime in 2009. they closed my account. i managed to open another checking with them in 2012-2013. it was opened for a month and then it was closed.  They said that it's marked as fraud. i didnt really ask why but i did ask again in 2016 and they said that they cant do anything. apparently there are things such as lifetime ban.

given that... do you think theyll approve my application?

also, what CB do they usually pull?

please chime in on this!

thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bank of america cash rewards

If you've been banned I find it hard to believe they want to do ANY business with you. I'd pass as marketing sometimes does not match up with what you'll actually be approved for.
Message 2 of 5
BirchBarlow
Contributor

I don't know the specifics of your situation or why you were banned, but I can't imagine they would extend credit to someone if they won't even let you park your money.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it a prequal or just basic marketing? You can have credit products without having a banking relationship with them. I work at a credit union and we won't give people checking accounts but we will let them get lending products if they qualify.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They said it was because of a returned check and where it came from. It's risk prevention.

As for the mailer, it said preselected with a set apr
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.