Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bank of america product change

tag
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

bank of america product change

I was thinking of converting my unused bank of america signature rewards visa to a better balance and travel rewards credit card but does anyone know if they do a hard pull for product changes?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bank of america product change

@ThriftySaver wrote:

I was thinking of converting my unused bank of america signature rewards visa to a better balance and travel rewards credit card but does anyone know if they do a hard pull for product changes?

They pretty much do a hard pull for everything. Smiley Tongue At least, that has been my experience.

Message 2 of 9
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@ThriftySaver wrote:

They may give you a hard time about going from Visa to MC. 

Message 3 of 9
Sexyblue
Contributor

I had them since 2012, I can not sneeze without them wanting a hp.....Product changes are hard with them, be ready for hp.   Smiley Tongue

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying from last year to PC my travel rewards card to their BBR card. Even tried again 3 days ago...still a no go. They actually stopped PCing to the BBR card after they noticed a trend from all their current card holders lol.

PCing in between other products cost no HP in fact...I PC'd my secured card into the travel rewards card and they dropped the AF with ease. Been a BofA member since 2012.

Message 5 of 9
wachme
Contributor

I fear that's the case for quite sometime now in regards to PCing to the BBR. I was hoping to try my luck at that. Can't hurt to try and possibly slip through the cracks.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's NOT a HP since you will not be asking for credit...

Message 7 of 9
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Thriftysaver... What did you find out? I was thinking about trying something similar. I have the platinum plus with no rewards...can't even do a balance transfer without ordering cash advance checks.

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 8 of 9
noobody
Established Contributor

PC cost NO hard pull

NO PC to BBR

Take them REAL 6-8 weeks to send you new card if PC is approved

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.