Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bankamericard secured application

tag
hampstenj
Established Member

bankamericard secured application

Anyone else apply for it? I applied for it, got that if I was approved 5-7 business days I'd get the card after money was put into the account. Well I checked tonight that the money was taken from my checking account via a ACH transaction, so I'm assuming I was approved, however I check online and it still says we have received your application, for an expiate call at 18885036090... I hate calling, for fear that should I call that I'll end up denied. But they took my security deposit from my checking account, so one would assume that I was approved. Right???
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: bankamericard secured application

@hampstenj wrote:
Anyone else apply for it? I applied for it, got that if I was approved 5-7 business days I'd get the card after money was put into the account. Well I checked tonight that the money was taken from my checking account via a ACH transaction, so I'm assuming I was approved, however I check online and it still says we have received your application, for an expiate call at 18885036090... I hate calling, for fear that should I call that I'll end up denied. But they took my security deposit from my checking account, so one would assume that I was approved. Right???

Many secured cards will take in the money as part of the application process and then rule on the application. While you are likely approved having the money transferred in is not conclusive. If you are not approved they will return the funds to you.
Message 2 of 8
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Right and congratulations.

It takes 10 months at a minimum now to go unsecured and you would probably have to call after the 10th statement.  Don't go over the credit limit, don't miss a payment and they will treat you right.

Message 3 of 8
hampstenj
Established Member

Called BOA this morning on the way to class, got thru right away ( hint if needing to call credit card companies, early early morning say 8-8:30 is the best, 2 rings went right to a person! Found out the account is all set up and the card should be on it's way! 
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When a Bank of America secured card graduates, do they give you a card with no annual fee or are you stuck forever with an annual fee card?
Message 6 of 8
fricnfrac1
Contributor

I had a secured Bofa Card...had it for about 9 months, with no lates..and I called and they unsecured it. It was simple. And yes, I still have the annual

fee..but it's the only card I have and I'm grateful to Bofa for giving me a chance(I also had a checking account with them at the time.)

Funny, I walked into a credit union I had a 2 checking accounts with, handed them $300 for a secured card and they denied me because of my

poor credit..mostly med collections. It was humiliating! LOL...Here I am offering you my money for collateral and you deny me? 

Oh well....It all worked out in the end and Ive never had  a problem with Bofa, ever!

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 7 of 8
hampstenj
Established Member

that seems dumb, I mean your offering cash money as a colleratial here, and they still deny people. I understand denying people with bad histories with that bank, but a credit union.... Oh well. I'm pretty happy to have that extra credit as emergency credit. Oh trust me I'll use it once or twice a month for a package of gum or at most a meal at Subway, but this is a card that I plan to PIF or leave a very small balance on.

trust me it takes a lot to turn around a credit history to the positive, but it takes 5 seconds to turn it negative. heck I'm pissed off at my mother who had a kohl's charge card and got a small item, I think it was like a 12 dollar pair of sunglasses. What she FORGOT to do was pay it... for 4 MONTHS! she had me as an authorized user, I got a card too and was going to use it on some christmas purchases.... well to my surprise when I checked the online account that it was closed for non-payment.. Needless to say I paid that puppy off right then and there. It doesn't effect my credit as it's not on any of my reports, but still I think I may just strangle her! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.