cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

banks that allow joint Credit Cards?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: banks that allow joint Credit Cards?

it won't be a HP for you... usually it won't be for the person being added either... however going the other direction if you want to remove is totally different.

Message 11 of 37
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

the CSR told me it cant be done you have to just close the account

fico 747
Message 12 of 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MazdaSpeed wrote:

the CSR told me it cant be done you have to just close the account

Yup, Many are that way.

Message 13 of 37
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My DH and I have 1 joint account ( CU Visa) other than that the others AUs. AU just seems to be the best method - the benefits of the cr line, age and util.
Message 14 of 37
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
My DH and I have 1 joint account ( CU Visa) other than that the others AUs. AU just seems to be the best method - the benefits of the cr line, age and util.

You get the those benefits from a joint account along with the added benefit of being responsible for the debt so it looks better than an AU on your credit report, right?

fico 747
Message 15 of 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MazdaSpeed wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

You get the those benefits from a joint account along with the added benefit of being responsible for the debt so it looks better than an AU on your credit report, right?

You really don't need joint once you build your credit.... in the end it can hurt you later if you no longer need the account but the joint person uses it in ways that no longer help you.

Message 16 of 37
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Creditaddict is correct. Once you are established IMO, having a joint account can turn to a negative situation and be more difficult to unwind. The 'added benefit' of being responsible for the payment? trying to establish or do you need a joint person for approval?
Message 17 of 37
grubs
Valued Member

I see you have a CITI card. They allow joint users
Message 18 of 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@grubs wrote:
I see you have a CITI card. They allow joint users

They do?

Macy's does but didn't know about regular Citi Cards.... Thought they stopped doing it.

Message 19 of 37
grubs
Valued Member

My sister and my mom opened up a joint account in June of 2012. Something could have changed since then but just give citi a call.
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.