cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclay recon fail advice

tag
daimler55

barclay recon fail advice

i applied for barclay apple visa and rewards mc in may 2013 and was declined due to high util on both and was advised by recon guy to reapply once i bring my balances down. i currently have two cap 1 cards at $300 limit and $500 limit showing on my cr and a express store card $250 limit showing on my card. i made sure i paid down all my balances to close to 0 on all my cards and applied for apple card and was instantly denied and called recon. the guy looked over my file for recon while he had me on hold, came back and asked how much the item i was looking to purchase from apple was. i said $1800 mac desktop. the guy puts me hold and comes back telling my im doing a great job on my low limit cards since my bk7 3 years ago and they would like to see a higher limit card before approving me since my existing cards are so low limit and the barclay if they approve me would be the highest limit as the reason for denial this time. so i asked him what if i wanna buy a lower priced computer, would they approve me with a lower limit. at first he said yes its possible than changed his story to say no it will be declined. so i hung up and called back to speak to someone else however they had system issues where the analysts kept transfering me. so im curious if i call back tomorrow and tell them i want a computer that would be lower in price would that change the outcome since back in may the computer i wanted wass priced at 900 as i told them.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: barclay recon fail advice

You could always try and see if that works.

Best of luck!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 5
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

You said you paid your cards down to zero, but did you make sure that the zero balance posted before you app'd? Sounds like that's the problem.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 5
daimler55

i called back and they are suggesting i wait til i have high cl with othe cards...does anyone have the executive office phone number for cap 1 since i had this crd with them for two years with no cl i want to see if i can get an increase on that

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.