Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclay starting off the year in barclay style

tag
toppers555
Established Contributor

barclay starting off the year in barclay style

With an account closure. I hit the luv button for kicks other day ,and  logged into my account, and have the account closed message today .  I was planning to close  the account anyways 500 CL, Happy 2013!!

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: barclay starting off the year in barclay style

They are a special lender

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 43
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Wecome to Barclays!! I wanted one of ther accounts and now I don't because of that.

Message 3 of 43
stormb28
New Contributor

That stinks.
Message 4 of 43
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

With an account closure. I hit the luv button for kicks other day ,and  logged into my account, and have the account closed message today .  I was planning to close  the account anyways 500 CL, Happy 2013!!

Any idea why?  Was it the usual opening accounts/getting CLIs since you got their card?

Message 5 of 43
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

Did they give you a reason? I believe according to the new credit card act, they have to tell you why they take AA.

What happened when you asked for a CLI? I'm wondering if they saw something on your CR when they softed you.

My experience with them over the last year has been very positive and their CS have all been very nice and actually given me accurate info (which is the exception and not the rule, IME). They usually don't take AA without some reason.

Edit- grr autocorrect!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 43
toppers555
Established Contributor

I am sure I will get a letter in mail in a few days , but I assume it due to a recent card I opened, only things it could be, or they saw bofa pulls from a recent cl increase to 6.5k. utilization stays at 5-10% on about 20k worth of tradelines.  Card was just open in oct. I am not to worried about it , I was going to give them axe along with last 2 Hsbc(capitol one) in march before  requestubg cl and conversion to cash+. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 7 of 43
bs6054
Valued Contributor

I just got a new card, making it four since I got the Barclays, and after reading your post I decided to log in.  First thing I see "IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT".   But it was just a request to verify that all my contact info was up to date!  So, safe so far....

Message 8 of 43
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

I just got a new card, making it four since I got the Barclays, and after reading your post I decided to log in.  First thing I see "IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT".   But it was just a request to verify that all my contact info was up to date!  So, safe so far....

Geez, I did the same thing too....went to go login and all was okay.  Whew!!

OP, sorry to hear about this and I sure wish I knew about Barclay's before I opened my card and the ton of cards I opened after them just recently.  I won't be surprised if they don't try to do the same to me.  I don't carry a balance and I PIF all charges each month but from what I read it doesn't make a bit of darn difference with them.  I guess all I can do is try to wait it out.

Yea sucky way to start the new year.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 9 of 43
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Some people have not had any problems, even opening several CCs after Barclays. Others have had AA. They probably have their own algorithm that they use. I was concerned last year because I got 2 CCs last year around the same time as Barclay's. fortunately, I didn't have a problem. But I was holding my breath for a few months. I also got a 2nd Barclay's over the summer, got a CLI on my first and I opened another cc, all within a few months. Thank goodness there was no problem, but I was a bit nervous for a while. 

Most have had good experiences with them and they seem to be very willing to help give people a second chance to rebuild credit. But those usually don't get posted. It's the occasional AA that people post about and therefore gets the most attention.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.