Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclays compliment?

tag
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

barclays compliment?

So I called in to recon to try to get a higher CL, but the guy was like you have opened all your CL recently and too many inquiries. Then he goes on and eventually says that I have managed my credit in an excellent way. Since this is barclays, should I take this compliment heavily?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: barclays compliment?

@subwaysandwich wrote:
So I called in to recon to try to get a higher CL, but the guy was like you have opened all your CL recently and too many inquiries. Then he goes on and eventually says that I have managed my credit in an excellent way. Since this is barclays, should I take this compliment heavily?

They always say that. I heard the same thing when I was denied a higher CL when I called them.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: barclays compliment?

@subwaysandwich wrote:

I would take any info and add it to ego if its positive, thinking positive is the way to go when dealing with banks, credit  and everything else in general. Use it, think of the limit you want every day, if it doesnt come by itself ask for it in 6 months. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.