Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclays experience

tag
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

barclays experience

Can anyone share his/her experiences with the barclays rewards mastercard? Good customer service, etc?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: barclays experience

I have their reward card and had called them a few times. They're very friendly. I love the card. It's my everyday card now since I can earn points for basically anything. I got their 10k points from first time usage and 750$ the first 3 months. Redeemed it and it was painless. Posted to account within 2 days. Love it that's all I have to say.
Message 2 of 23
Mvpbowler
Contributor

I have the BarclayCard Rewards Card as well. I hit 6 months last month and had steady use of it and was instantly upped $1,000 on the credit line. I have nothing but great things to say about Barclay Card as a customer and well as an employee either Smiley Happy.

Message 3 of 23
tryingagain62
Contributor

I also like this card. Was approved last August for a $500 CL. At the 6 month mark I got an auto CLI to $1500. I use the card a lot because of the rewards and make multiple payments each month. Also, I have opened MANY new cards with now over $35K+ in limits since Barclays approval with no problems.

Message 4 of 23
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I have no complaints with Barclays.  I first opened the Rewards MC with 10K signup bonus.  Points posted immediately aftr spend was met.  At the 6 mos mark, I received an auto CLI of $2.2K.   I was pleasantly surprised when I learned that CVS, Walgreens and Targeet are coded as grocery stores, so that was a bonus 2%.

I recently got the Arrival. 

No bad experineces with them - completely satisfied.

Message 5 of 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I like the rewards card as well.  I've not had a bad experience with them and recently have gotten some CLI's, although the first auto CLI came after a year of having the card.  But that's because I had went on out of control app spree Smiley Tongue 

Whenever I call they've been super nice and helpful.  Overall I would recommend them.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

I have no complaints with Barclays.  I first opened the Rewards MC with 10K signup bonus.  Points posted immediately aftr spend was met.  At the 6 mos mark, I received an auto CLI of $2.2K.   I was pleasantly surprised when I learned that CVS, Walgreens and Targeet are coded as grocery stores, so that was a bonus 2%.

I recently got the Arrival. 

No bad experineces with them - completely satisfied.

WHAT??!??

Oh dear, I never knew that!  Well it's time to pull mine out in those stores then.  

Thanks!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 23
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

I like the rewards card as well.  I've not had a bad experience with them and recently have gotten some CLI's, although the first auto CLI came after a year of having the card.  But that's because I had went on out of control app spree Smiley Tongue 

Whenever I call they've been super nice and helpful.  Overall I would recommend them.

Rhaeny, I got my Barclay card end of January 2014. I have since opened up Amex Bce, Discover it, and a Chase Freedom card...do you think I'll be okay with Barclay opening 3 new cards?

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 8 of 23
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

After a year a half I have not gotten a CLI.  I haven't been treated bad by customer, I just don't get CLIs.  I actually switched to using the FNBO Amex because the rewards are the same and they raised my limit without any hassle or a hard pull.  In fact they doubled my previous limit, my FNBO limit is about 3x that of Barclays and is one-third the age of it.  I also had some issues when I first opened it.  They did however lower my APR yesterday when I asked.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 23
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

I like Barclay the rewards are quick I use $10 statements use on gas grocery & utilitues. I started at 500 moved to 1250 at 6 months hoping for another auto cli at 12 months. They've held a few payments but for the most part easy to deal with.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.