Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beaver/duck cards..

tag
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

beaver/duck cards..

What happened to the hype over these cards?...I use to see a ton of threads about people applying, but no one ever talks about these now...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: beaver/duck cards..

Just one post of many why the hype is gone.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Duck-Card/m-p/2816097/highlight/true#M801787

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 8
core
Valued Contributor

In short:  Nobody talks about the cards because the folks at OCCU are a bunch of liars.  After they overextended themselves they started closing accounts and made up a lie about the accounts being compromised.

Message 3 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

I Still have the Beaver card (i was luckySmiley Surprised),  It will reach the 1 year mark  this October. 

I will get brave and finally ask for a credit limit increase on this card in October.

Message 4 of 8
MT936
Established Contributor

I was wondering why I kept seeing those cards on signatures I'm a fan of their football team but I didn't expect to see their logo on a card in random signatures lol
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 5 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

I think they changed their policy in Jan. You need to join OCCU to be eligible for the card. Most of us don't qualify. We don't live in their areas. I still have my Ducks card. I used it yesterday. A few people still have their cards.
There is nothing special about the card except high limit.

Ron.
Message 6 of 8
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Yep, they went through, and failed an audit....
The high limit is nice, Ron....don't forget it makes a decent 2% gas and grocery card to fall back on when the rotating catagory cards are out of sync.

Message 7 of 8
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I still have mine, I totally slept the fiasco of OCCU closing account here.... I finished paying off my 6K BT last May, and now the card does nothing for me but keep my UTL suppressed. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.