Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best buy credit card score needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

best buy credit card score needed

for those of you wondering I was able to get a best buy credit card with a 559 and a small 300 dollar limit, score went up 25 days later to a 570.

the wife also got a bb card at low 500's score in june of this year and didn't spend because $300 was too low of a limit, 3 months later she got a letter stating it was upped the limit to $500, and yesterday it was upped to $600 limit.

Just an FYI for those on the wondering side of things 

Message Edited by aot2002 on 12-16-2009 05:06 AM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
spgood

Re: best buy credit card score needed

Congrats...I would love to know if you applied online or instore? I tried 2 months ago and was deniedSmiley Sad I would appreciate any info

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

online only for both

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it safe to assume these are the Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercards issued by HSBC and not the Best Buy store card?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I got the mastercard one, I was not approved for the regular in store card.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, Ok, I was denied the MC but was approved for a measley $600 in store card with a 680 fico. I am assuming HSBC isn't extremely forgiving when it comes to people with prior BK. Strange because I have had their Orchard card since 07 and have always paid on time and kept utilization low.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow, Ok, I was denied the MC but was approved for a measley $600 in store card with a 680 fico. I am assuming HSBC isn't extremely forgiving when it comes to people with prior BK. Strange because I have had their Orchard card since 07 and have always paid on time and kept utilization low.

That is weird. I will trade you my RZMC for your store card. Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had chap 7 and chap 13 and had orchard since 2006 which now has 750 limit
I know I've been denied for other hsbc cards
it's strange how they do it
Message 8 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OSAN_MAN wrote:

Don't be offended to have gotten the store card instead of the MC. Best Buy is unique in that their store card is harder to get and generally a better deal than their co-branded MC.

Just keep using it to buy blank CD's or whatever, and every 6 months (I think it is), request a CLI online. I got mine by accident (I was testing out a thread about online pre-approvals and somehow wound up with a card), and it's gone from $2500 to $4K to $5.2K, and I barely use the thing, which is not smart with any HSBC products.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

what was your score when you got the card? 

how long have you had the card? 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.