tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: best card for low apr?

@gdale6 wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

I'm sure there are plenty of intro rates but mainly looking for a continuous low apr card.  Barclay's ring my best bet?

If you are looking for an low apr card i would look at CU before any of the big bank credit cards. 

I'm with nfcu and the Plat card which is the lowest apr card they have is 16.99 apr 

NFCU advertises rates as low as 7.99% on their platinum card, I woould attempt to secure a lower APR.

I have been for the past 3 yrs and keep getting told I don't qualify I do not get it with them anymore

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 11 of 37
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

LMCU MaxRewards as low as 6.75% but they're conservative as heck.  As far as traditional banks, yeah probably Barclay Ring.

Message 12 of 37
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

Yeah I'm thinking Barclay's ring is still my best bet.  My scores are in mid 700's with roughly 3 yrs AAOA. 

If there's a card I want, it's Barclay's Ring. I've read just about every post on myFICO about the Ring and based on what I see in your signature and what you say above, you should be good to go. Do you have any derogs? When was your last app? What's your utlization?

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 13 of 37
score_building
Senior Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

I'm sure there are plenty of intro rates but mainly looking for a continuous low apr card.  Barclay's ring my best bet?

If you are looking for an low apr card i would look at CU before any of the big bank credit cards. 

+1

Unless balances are only short term, as indicated if revolving on a cc, SDFCU is clearly a better option if able to qualify for the lowest rate, apparently that's the tricky part...otherwise, perhaps check out a bunch of local, regional or major CU card rates: e.g.s DCU 8.5, AFCU 8.6. They're generally significantly less likely to impose AA as a consequence of carrying balances. Barclays may not be quite so tolerant, YMMV.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 37
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@WLRK11 wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

Yeah I'm thinking Barclay's ring is still my best bet.  My scores are in mid 700's with roughly 3 yrs AAOA. 

If there's a card I want, it's Barclay's Ring. I've read just about every post on myFICO about the Ring and based on what I see in your signature and what you say above, you should be good to go. Do you have any derogs? When was your last app? What's your utlization?

No derogs.  Last cc app was 4 mos ago one inquiry.  Prior to that another one that is more than a year old so 2 in 24 mos.  Utilization is unknown waiting for the last accounts to reflect PIFed balances.  60k per year income.  Looking to carry balance at times.  My util was high for about a year sometimes around 85% recently but it should be around 2% on beg of next month reports

Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 15 of 37
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

try SDFCU, they gave me 6.99%.  This applies to all transactions, including BTs and cash advances.  There are no fees.  And it earns rewards points.

or forum credit union....they go down to 5.24% and have 1% cash back with no fees for cash, bt's, or really much else for that matter

Message 16 of 37
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

Apply now!!! As in this instance. Just do it. http://barclaycardring.com

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 17 of 37
score_building
Senior Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

try SDFCU, they gave me 6.99%.  This applies to all transactions, including BTs and cash advances.  There are no fees.  And it earns rewards points.

or forum credit union....they go down to 5.24% and have 1% cash back with no fees for cash, bt's, or really much else for that matter

2.99% introductory APR for one year, based on your creditworthiness.

After that, your APR will be 7.24% to 13.24%. This APR will vary with the
    market based on the Prime Rate.

http://www.forumcu.com/credit-card-disclosure

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 18 of 37
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

still a nice card and i did type a 5 instead of a 7 ...

Message 19 of 37
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Looks like I'll be applying the the Ring

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.