Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best company to get a high cl card

tag
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Re: best company to get a high cl card

USAA is great

once ur in ur golden and the cards bennefits are fantastic,like extending the warranty on any product pretty much.I am happy with the card

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 21 of 34
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

If I were in your shoes, this is what I would do.  I would call the backdoor number for GE and ask for $5000 (they will counter if they don't want to go that high, in which case I would ask if they could do $2500).  It will be a SP.  I would also send an email to the EO for Cap One (you can get it by doing a web search for it) and when they call you, ask for $10,000 - they will ask you if you will settle for a lower amount if they can't approve the higher amount, in which, case, I would say $7500 would be ok.  That should be a SP.  Then I would call BofA and ask for $10,000.  They will counter if they don't want to go that high.  That will be a HP.

Then I would wait until the new CLs report, then go for NFCU (if you are eligible) and PenFed.  It certainly wouldn't hurt to have a Discover in your lineup, so you may want to try them.  You may also want to try USAA.  Just keep in mind that credit unions will typically do a HP when you join, then a lot will do another HP for a credit product.  I don't know anything about HSBC cards, so you may want to consider just SD'ing it unless there is a fee associated with it, then you should consider closing it once you have your tradelines.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 22 of 34
mic003
Established Member

No Sears is backed by Citi not Discover.
Message 23 of 34
longclimbback
Regular Contributor

The hsbc card was bought by c1. It's supposed to be fully turned into a c1 card this summer. I hope to be able to do something with it then. Its my oldest active revolving account at 11 years old. Thank you for the excellent advice.
Message 24 of 34
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@longclimbback wrote:
Isn't discover a sears card?

Sears founded Discover back in the 1980s. But Discover Financial Services has been independent of Sears for many years.

Message 25 of 34
theeurotuner
Valued Member

I would have to say Citi. They started me off with 10k and I only had 1 credit card with a 1,500 CL at the time. If you're creditt is good and they like you, they love to give great CLI and will grow with you for sure.

Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 26 of 34
HiLine
Blogger

BofA raised my limit from 2k to 12k without a hard pull. You can read about my story here Smiley Happy http://hiepsfinance.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/bank-of-america-is-awesome/

Message 27 of 34
Open123
Super Contributor

Amex, and the only reason being is when high CLs are finally attained, you can just log on and allocate them to whatever cards you deem fitting.  With other lenders, you'd have to call and request their consent.

I prefer not having to ask permission.

Message 28 of 34
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I would only go for USAA if you have full membership. You might get a decent limit with partial status, but you definitely don't get the low apr they offer for full members.

IMO:

NFCU (if eligible), USAA (if eligible for full membership),Amex, Chase, Penfed, DCU, GE Credit Cards, FNBO (SP CLI every 4 months, low APR). In that order.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 29 of 34
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

BofA raised my limit from 2k to 12k without a hard pull. You can read about my story here Smiley Happy http://hiepsfinance.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/bank-of-america-is-awesome/

No wonder why you love BofA so much!!! Smiley LOL

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.