Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best offer for AAdvantage?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

best offer for AAdvantage?

So i just got approved for a $2k aadvantage platinum card by citi with the 50K offer. my friend mentioned to me about asking for a match or something like that and how there's an offer. Did I make a mistake? I wanna know if there's a higher offer than 50K miles. thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: best offer for AAdvantage?

I think the 50k offer is the best current offer. I was getting mailers for a 60k offer the past couple months but I believe they expired a couple weeks ago.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 60k offer appears to be alive:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/credit/application/flow.action?app=UNSOL&sc=4XSW1L98&m=23DW0...

That's the link I used to get it I believe it was 3.12. I was approved within a couple of hours, applied late evening probably 9 or 10pm.

There was mention of people getting matched to 75k in February, I'm planning to send a secured message asking about it once I hit the minimum spend - give it a shot, let us know how it goes!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The 60k offer appears to be alive:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/credit/application/flow.action?app=UNSOL&sc=4XSW1L98&m=23DW000010W&B=A&ID=3001&uc=H3E&t=t

That's the link I used to get it I believe it was 3.12. I was approved within a couple of hours, applied late evening probably 9 or 10pm.

There was mention of people getting matched to 75k in February, I'm planning to send a secured message asking about it once I hit the minimum spend - give it a shot, let us know how it goes!

I would ask for it now.  There might be a minimum spend difference.  Best to ask as soon as possible. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience, admittedly limited to chase, is that if you haven't hit the minimum spend yet they won't match anything and tell you to ask again after you hit the spend.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an offer I received via email from AA 3 days ago. https://secure.fly.aa.com/citi/esum-plathv1

60 bonus miles for $3K spend in 3 months, expires 5/8/18. Tempting offer, but I think it's still too early for the trip I'm planning in Dec.

I'm curious what people thoughts are in regard to the difference between Citi and Barclays, where AA card is concerned? 

As in who's the better CCC to deal with? They both have $95 AF, and similar card benefits. Just wondering in anyone has any personal experience. I'm debating between AAdvantage and Alask as I fly those two primarily. But AA has more destinations outside the U.S.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is an offer I received via email from AA 3 days ago. https://secure.fly.aa.com/citi/esum-plathv1

60 bonus miles for $3K spend in 3 months, expires 5/8/18. Tempting offer, but I think it's still too early for the trip I'm planning in Dec.

I'm curious what people thoughts are in regard to the difference between Citi and Barclays, where AA card is concerned? 

As in who's the better CCC to deal with? They both have $95 AF, and similar card benefits. Just wondering in anyone has any personal experience. I'm debating between AAdvantage and Alask as I fly those two primarily. But AA has more destinations outside the U.S.

You can always get both cards - and both SUBs - and then PC either/both at a later time.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call now OP. Tell them you saw the offer and wish for them to match it. Call again if you have to and ask for a sup.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last year around June, I got a 65k bonus offer. It was I think spend 4000 in 4 months to get 55k then spend 2000 more within a year to get 10k

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got both Barclay and Citi Versions. Difference is with Barclay you pay 95 dollars make one purchase and they gave me 60k miles. With Citi Annual fee is waived first year and I got 65k miles for 4k spend. So difference is whether you want less spend or less fee. And realize with either card you get 10 percent miles back on redemption.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.